PDA

View Full Version : I could really use some help..

BabyRachel
02-05-10, 11:38
I will try and keep it short.

Approx five weeks ago I started taking 25 mg seroquel as a mood stabiliser. I have what is best discribed as the low moods of bipolar but not the highs. Happens irregularly and for short time periods so it is not general depression.

I also take 20mg Lexapro and Maxalon (anti emet).

After taking seroquel for three weeks, I ended up in A&E because of muscle twitches which I thought was tardive dyskinesa. Doc was hopeless, told me to stop maxalon and seroquel.

Saw a gp (not my regular) who consulted with a psychiatrist who advised stopping seroquel and maxalon and take 4mg benztropine per day for 10 days.

I experienced withdrawals, anxiety, depression, nausea, headaches etc.. After 10 days I stopped benztropine and everything was ten times worse. I googled it and it turns out benztropine is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor (similar to SSRIs) so I continued to take it.

Now I feel terrible. I wake up okay but during the evening and afternoon I have HORRIBLE stomach pains, nausea, migraines, constipation, anxiety and frequent depressive episodes.

I've waited two weeks (will be three before I see) my psychiatrist so he can help me out. I just don't understand how I am still feeling SO horrible. Each night I want to go admit myself to hospital. Pharmacist said I shouldnt be having withdrawals for this long. The bloody doctors didnt taper the meds OR give me anything to help.

I feel like Ive gone back a thousand steps. Im tired of feeling so ill all the time. I don't have health anxiety but Im worried something more sinister is wrong.

Has anyone got any information or wisdom for me? Im sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give most of the information. Please help me if you can. :hugs:

BabyRachel
03-05-10, 10:13
21 views not one reply?

BabyRachel
04-05-10, 08:23
NMP has gone down hill.. Still really suffering and not even one hug. Sigh.

Ronny
04-05-10, 08:37
hi Rachel.....I don't know how to help you,other than give you a big hug and keep going back to your doc.He will do something for you if you scream loud enough.Sorry you feel so bad.
Luv Rhonda:flowers:

Jannie2948
04-05-10, 08:54
Sorry you are feeling so awful. The only thing I can add to this is that I took Propranolol for just over 1 month and they made me really ill. I felt so terrible on them that another Dr in my practice took me off and am now on citalopram and feel so much better. Not every med agrees with everyone, I have friends on Propranolol and they are fine, it just didn't agree with me.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jannie x x

BabyRachel
04-05-10, 12:28
Thankyou all for your replies :) I appreciate it very much.

I suppose Im just going a bit crazy, I've literally waited three weeks to see my psychiatrist since having a reaction to seroquel. Other doctors have sent me running all over the place and left me confused.

I am very greatful I have an appointment on thursday with him.

Im worrying something else is wrong with me, because of the nausea headaches and other things.. Sometimes my stomach cramps up so much I literally cry because I'm in so much pain.. Doesnt sound with withdrawal symptoms does it?

Hugs back to you all. xxxx