PDA

View Full Version : Pain in side - now worried its my appendix

SamanthaAU
02-05-10, 12:35
Hi,

I have been having a pain in my side on and off for about a week or so now. I went to the doctor last Tuesday who wasn't overly worried about it. Went back on Friday as I also have a bruised feeling high up on my right hand side under my ribs and the sharp pains in my side.

I went back to see him today as they are still there and he is sending me for an Xray tomorrow to check my lungs as I have been coughing a fair bit and am quite phlegmy. So he things I may have hurt my side where it feels bruised or its an infection.

But now I am worried that the pain down lower might be my appendix?? I didn't really mention that pain again today so I hope he hasn't overlooked it. Of course I googled it and it can kill you if its missed!

I am in panic mode now. I have been getting a few pains in my belly too which feel like wind pains to me.

Of all the things I have been worried about the last few years, cancer, heart attack, stroke etc now I am bloody worried that my appendix will kill me.

MrsJaredLeto
02-05-10, 22:45
Hey :)
I think if it was your appendix it would of made you quite ill by now, I

gina p
02-05-10, 22:48
............and you would be throwing up . i had mine removed and I felt sooooooooooooooooooo ill .

Shigo13
02-05-10, 23:01
also the pain from apendicitis is very debilitating. You wouldnt be able to move, and you would be in tears. Believe me, you would know right off the bat :] just plain old anxiety playing tricks on you!

SamanthaAU
02-05-10, 23:08
Thanks all :)