PDA

View Full Version : Tingling numb face - really scared

deb141
02-05-10, 18:37
I hope someone can reassure me as i am really getting into state with anxiety. i weaned off effexor slowly and start taking flouxetine 4 weeks ago. I have been pretty much up and down the last few weeks, and initially i put it down to withdrawal from effexor and starting new meds. i have been having horrible dizzy spells, panic attacks, feeling like i cant cope.
On friday i woke up feeling really anxious with chest and neck pain, i took some rescue remedy which i dont think helped me much. Yesterday i had a much better day and worked all day and was fine. Now today is another kettle of fish altogether, i feel spaced out, have neck pain and the left side of my face feels numb, like i have had it numbed at the dentist and it is just wearing off. At one point today i thought i was having a stroke.
I just want the anxiety to go away and my meds to start working, i was on flouoxetine a few years back and it worked great. I feel like i am missing out on so much of life, making excuses and feeling ill all the time.
Sorry for going on but i really need some reassurance ..:weep:

guitarpants
02-05-10, 18:43
The withdrawal from effexor is notorious for being especially bad. It's most likely due to that.

Bexmumto3
02-05-10, 18:57
I'm not sure about effexor as I've not heard of it but I can relate to some of your symptoms especially dizziness, chest pain & numbness (mine is worse in hands & legs)I too am on Fluoxetine & have been before, they do take a good 4-6 wks for them to start properly working as you know so stick with them.
I've had to increase my dose as I didn't feel it was enough for me, been on increased dose for 2wks now & feel better but still anxious but was advised that it could be another 4-6wks on increased dose before I feel any different, maybe if you don't feel any change in a few weeks you should go back to GP & see about increasing your dose, I did feel more spaced out for a few days when I started to increase though but that soon settled.
That probably hasn't helped at all but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone xx