PDA

View Full Version : It Didnt Work Now What Do I Do

sal
26-01-06, 22:36
Firstly i want to apologise for not being on the site but what has happened over the last few weeks i couldnt get on the site.

Things have gone from bad to worse, Si and i have split up. Yeah iam gutted but couldnt carry on how we were.

So now i will be able to go on the computer more now that i have sorted it and be part of they no more panic again.

Missed you all, need you all but i know i will get through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

LisaS
26-01-06, 22:40
hi Sal,

and welcome back..
so sorry to hear about you and Si.. its a very brave decision to make but if it wasn't right then you can't force it. It will be tough to get over, but you will do it and we will all be here supporting you whatever it takes.

so now you can give yourself 100% care and attention. be kind to yourself.

big big hug,

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

alexis
26-01-06, 22:59
Hi Sal, so sorry to her your news,hope you and Sam are doing OK, you know where I am if you need me, take care and big hugs .xxxxxxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

clickaway
26-01-06, 23:10
Sorry to hear your news Sal, so am sending you a big (((HUG))).

It must have been a tough and painful decision, and time will be a healer.

You know there will always be help on this site.

Why not come back in chat tomorrow night for our "reunion" of all the old familiar faces. And pour yourself a drink.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Piglet
27-01-06, 11:42
Come on here as much as you can and we will distract you for now.

Then we will all work on a plan together:D:D

Piglet xxxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
27-01-06, 12:40
Welcome back Sal!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

EmmaJane
27-01-06, 12:51
Oh Sal im sorry to hear about your news. We are all here for you, so just shout if you need us. xx

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

leo05
27-01-06, 12:52
hi sal
soz i aint been in touch and soz to hear life aint been to good for you and want you to know i am here for you 100 % i know how hard things can get you have my moby no plz dont be affraid to use it ok

tc here when you need me

((((((((((((((((((((((((((sal))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

love lea xx

Karen
27-01-06, 15:57
Sorry to hear about the split Sal.

We are here for you

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

trac67
27-01-06, 18:08
Hi Sal,

Sorry to hear about your split. Sometimes these things happen for the best though.

Stay strong and you will get through it.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

pips
28-01-06, 09:56
So Sorry Sal hun to hear about the split.

Here if you need me mate.

BIG BIG HUGS coming your way hun.

Loadsa Love & Wishes,

Take Good Care,

Pip's X X X X

nomorepanic
28-01-06, 12:48
Sal

Sorry to hear about you and Simon, I hope you will be ok.

Welcome back.

Nicola

henri
29-01-06, 02:21
Hi Sal,
I'm so sorry to hear about your break up. It's good to see you back on the site.
I know you must be having a hard time of it right now, hope that being back here and seeing all those familiar faces will help you get through it.
Take care,
Henri x

sal
29-01-06, 10:52
Hi all

Thanks for you kind messages, it has cheered me up.

It was a hard decision not sure if it was the right one but time will help me get over it. I know i couldnt carry on how it was and the hardest part was letting Sam down as she is too young to understand where it all went wrong.

It has been a hard week since he went, my emotions are all over the place and i have been working overtime at work so balancing that and with coping with how Sam has taken it hasnt been very easy.

I am back at work this afternoon for some more overtime but at least it takes my mind of things.

Look forward to being more involved.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

alexis
29-01-06, 11:01
Hi Sal, it will be hard for you but keep fighting, Im sure Sam will be fine, she has a good mother, they understand and cope more than we realise do children, take care.xxxxxxxxx

and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

sal
30-01-06, 09:51
Thanks hun. My boss made me laugh yesterday as he has been great through out all the ****. He turned round and said well Sal at least when you are at the bottom you can only go up.

One way to look at it.

Hope things are going okay for you hun.

Love Sal xx

Sue K with 5
31-01-06, 00:24
Hi Sal!

Glad to see you back. You have many friends and a great strength and have always been a supportive person to many!

These attributes never go away and you will get through this and something better will come along for you as one door closes another opens. You have Sam and you have friends and this will always see you through even the hardest of times

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

sal
31-01-06, 22:31
Thanks Sue

Pleased to be back on the site. Just swapped my computer back and has taken me 3 days to get back on line properly.

It isnt easy at the moment as he gets in touch when he wants to tell me something but wont reply to my texts about how Sam is thinking of him or the money he owes me. Just text him now to tell him never to get in touch and i will drop his stuff of at his mams as cant take the head games anymore.

The more he just does that the more it secures me in knowing that i have done the right thing and the more it pushes my feelings away.

Ive been at the bottom before and although selfish wont let it happen again so have learnt to move on, whether too quick that is something that i handle best.

Love Sal xx

kairen
01-02-06, 18:31
Hi Sal,

Sorry to hear about you and simon, I dont get on here as much as i used to but pop in when i can to catch up,
I hope you and sam are ok and things get easier for you, you know in your heart you have done the right thing so thats all that counts no matter how hard it is now,

Wish you all the best Sal and nice to see you back xxx

kairen x

sal
01-02-06, 23:47
Thanks for your texts tonight helped me loads Kairen.

See you soon, could do with a chat.

Love Sal xx

Sue K with 5
02-02-06, 01:47
Hi Sal

I think your doing the right thing too honey ! its very hard to see the wood through the trees when you come out of a messy break up I have done two and I know how you feel.

I think your strong and you can do this even with all the added pressures on you and you should know that one day as I am sure you have been told when one door closes another opens.

This is going to be your year, the turning point in your life, clearing out the old with the new is very hard but its a great feeling of relief as well. Bit like spring cleaning with more emotion involved ( Although you want to see me spring clean I am almost in sodding tears when I do the kids rooms)

Hold on to your belief in yourself and you will achieve so much from this experience! Dont let that man mess with your head ! you have better things to focus on now mainly YOU!

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

sal
02-02-06, 13:37
Thanks Sue

Having a hard day today, packing the rest of his gear up. It is hard but i think i am more upset that it wasnt what it seemed and that i am finding hard to weigh up. Having such an anxious day i cant even think what more to say.

Thanks again.

Love Sal xx

Robbo31
02-02-06, 15:39
Hi Sal i know what your going through and its awful. if you havent already read my post my girlfriend of 8 years left me on tuesday night.
I feel so empty and my anxiety is back , i cant stop shacking and sweatiy palms etc.
Lets just hope that we get through this mess and come out in one peace eh?
Get in touch if you need a chat and take care.

robbo x

I was born and i will die
The inbetween is MINE!!!

sal
02-02-06, 22:51
Hi Robbo

Sorry to hear what has happened to you and have replied to your post. Here if you want to talk and sent you a pm. I understand how hard this is and hope we come out of this stronger people however hard it gets.

Thinking of you.

Love Sal xx

alexis
02-02-06, 23:41
Thinking of you and anybody who has any marital problems, or relationship probs I know there are quite a few at moment, take care all, xxxxxxxxx

love from Alexisxx

sal
03-02-06, 23:55
Thanks hun

I suddenly have got stronger. Money issues have been there all the time but not once when i have texted him has he replied. Feel like he got a free ride so much so and he is making it look like that.

Sounds bad i know but i am hard to it now and just want it all to be in my past. If he wanted it to work and wanted to make an effort he would have given me some of the money he owes me. I will struggle but i am better of on my own than let someone like that do this to me.

Love Sal xx

alexis
04-02-06, 00:39
Hi Sal, I am so glad you have become stronger. if he hasent replied then to me that is his loss, But it is so hard, I realise to make ends meet ,when you are short, and do not have all entitled to.I hope you are OK and not just trying to be brave, when the one you loved has let you down, it is hard, xxxxxx

love from Alexisxx

Piglet
04-02-06, 12:25
Just sayin hello again and pleased to hear how strong you sound.

Good on ya:D

Piglet xx

sal
04-02-06, 19:46
Thanks Alexis

Yeah i loved him but at the moment feel very little. How can i respect someone that knows i am struggling for money, money he said he would pay back but just ignores my texts. Hes a single guy on a good wage he hasnt got a child to worry about and i am really angry at the moment that he could do this to me. He has text me to say he is missing me but not one mention about the money and that just makes me feel even worse.

Love Sal xx

kairen
05-02-06, 14:54
Hi Sal,

Hope your ok,
While he still owes you money he still has some control cos he decides when and if he will give you it back even though he knows how much you are sruggling finacially at the moment and he knows you also have a child to feed, he's still playing mind games with you making you suffer, remind yourself of this when he says he misses you,,,,,
as you say he is on a good wage he could be paying you back in small amounts if he chose to,

I know your a strong person sal and you will get through this and im a great believer in what goes around comes around you,
dont let him get you down your better than that,

you know where i am Sal,
take care xxx

kairen x

Piglet
05-02-06, 15:51
Totally agree with Kairen - what goes around comes around!!!

Keep rising above it and know that you can look yourself in the eye at the end of the day.

But if you really feel like it next time you speak on the phone do lots of two fingers in the air - whoa rebel Piglet !!!!!!

Piglet xx

sal
05-02-06, 18:24
Thanks Kairen

I know he must feel he still has some control but it is just making me really hate him for doing this to me. I texted him again about the money after the text saying he missed me. He replied this morning saying he didnt reply as was at work but not a mention of the money. I replied saying how convenient every time i mention the money you are at work and guess what no reply again.

I am just so gutted he would put Sam and me through this.

Love Sal xx

Sue K with 5
07-02-06, 02:21
Hi Sal

When my ex husband and I split up he left my son and I with no home, no furniture and never paid a peny in maintenance. I rented a house and from that built up my future again. He left me in debt with no money and I had to work full time to keep our heads above water.

I look back now and I have a sense of pride. At time I had to rob peter to pay paul and believe me there were days when I was so low I could have thrown in the towel, but something inside me said Fight and reap the benefits one day.

Well as much as I have struggled 4 additional children and a new life and I have accomplished so much. You will do the same.

I know how your feelings are divided between anger and hurt but dont let it turn to hate. No one is worth that.

Keep going ok it will work

Sue with 5

Bigs hugs and lots of strength and postive thoughts being sent your way

scknight

alexis
07-02-06, 19:45
Hi Sal, still here thinking of you pet, love and hugs for you. You know where I amxxx

love from Alexisxx

sal
07-02-06, 23:40
Thanks Sue really taken that post on board I spoke to him today for the first time. Was gutted to hear his voice as all the good times came back. Not coping at all tonight and not sure what i will be like tomorrow when he comes for his stuff. Dreading it.

Love Sal xx

sal
07-02-06, 23:43
Thanks Alexis Tomorrow will be hard but i have to face it sooner than later. I still do really care which makes it harder. Sam misses him which pulls on every heart string i have but i cant live my life with someone for Sam. At the end i wasnt happy and i need to remeber that but it haunts me that i met Si fell in love and had no doubts about being his wife. Cant believe how it has all gone so wrong and i am struggling to cope with it.

Had to reply on diazepam today to get me to work as i really wasnt coping.

Love Sal xx

alexis
08-02-06, 00:09
Hi Sal, We will all be here thinking of you tomorrow, its a pity you hadent got someone else to move his stuff out.
You know you are doing the right thing but its still going to be hard.
Cant you have a couple of days off work as holidays, or would this make you feel worse.
At the weekend or in half term why dont you and Sam do something extra special, pity the weather isnt nicer, you could have got that pool out.
Dont worry about the valium, you know its only temporary, and some people take it for less than that.
Somebody once said to me they had been to the hug shop and emptied it for me, that made me feel very special and cared for Sal, so I will say the same to you. Take care.xxx

love from Alexisxx

sal
08-02-06, 12:07
Well spent the morning anticpating alsorts and he hasnt shown up. Of to work soon and feel really anxious. Pleased i am only there for the afternoon. Cant even think straight to type how i am feeling.

Love Sal xx

Karen
08-02-06, 16:37
Sorry to hear things are so difficult for you at the moment Sal and that he is messing you about like this. It is hard enough when relationships break up without all this extra stress and worry.

Thinking of you.

Karen x

alexis
08-02-06, 17:23
Hi Sal, not a lot to say really, just thinking about you and stay strong. Well done on going to work though. Here if you need anything.xxx

love from Alexisxx

Piglet
08-02-06, 19:23
(((((((((((((((((((((((((S)))))))))))))))))))))))) )

Piglet xx

sal
08-02-06, 22:15
Thanks for your replies.

I have spent the night consoling Sam while she is crying her eyes out as she rang Simon. I have let here down and she isnt sure if she will ever forgive me, that is from a 10 year old. She begged me to take him back but i cant live my life through her and i also cant see her hurting like this. Am totally gutted as she said she hates me and i have ruined her life. The Si i met in the first place would be happy to go through that again but i know now it isnt right but i have Sam hating me. What do i do, i cant let her down and if she carries on like this she will carry on to hate me. I honestly have been through hard times but never had Sam telling me she hates me and i cant cope with it.

Love Sal xx

sal
11-02-06, 00:22
Gets worse he called Sam on her mobile and is taking her out on Tuesday as he knows i am a late shift. He wins everytime. I am hurting but it is made easier as i have met someone else, another part to add to the situation. Isnt the right thing to happen to me but it happened. How i feel about him takes all the pain away but honestly it isnt right. I dont regret how i feel just the right person at the wrong time.

Love Sal xx

nomorepanic
11-02-06, 12:49
Sal

Just take things slowly with this new man and see how it goes.

Children do get attached to their mum's partners - I know I did to one guy in particular that my mum dated for a while and I was devastated when they split up.

She will come round in time and must realise that it wasn't going to work with Si.

Good luck with it all mate
x

Nicola

sal
11-02-06, 18:29
Thanks Nic

I am in no hurry to mix a relationship with Sam i will keep both parts separate. I have tried to explain that if Si meets someone else Sam wont be so high on his agenda. I feel he is using Sam to get at me and it is working really well at present.

Love Sal xx

Piglet
12-02-06, 15:39
Really tricky.

Perhaps say to Sam that if she still wants to see Si then yes of course she can (unless there is a reason why this is not ok) as over time this will taper off naturally anyway.

Like you say take it slowly with the new guy and see how it goes.

Being a grown up is quite hard isn't it hun.

Love Piglet xx

sal
12-02-06, 19:07
I dont think it is health for Sam to see Simon with what he says about me and it is just making my life so hard. He hasnt given me any of the money he owes me which to me if you care for someone it is the first things you do. He has owed me it since october now. I think he is using Sam to get at me and i cant allow that to happen however much Sam creates about it at the moment.

Love Sal xx

LisaS
13-02-06, 15:10
Hi Sal,

i'm sorry he is being a complete pig. I just wanted to say something on the Sam thing.
My mum left my dad when I was little and I gave her absolute hell. I made her life a misery and told her she was horrible and i wanted dad back and how mean she was. it wasn't until I got older that i found out he had had a fling with her best friend but my mum had protected me from that despite me hating her! I have since felt terrible for giving her such a hard time.. But so many years have past now, and I realised that my mum did the best for me because she loved me. And this is how sam will feel too in the coming years. Just continue to protect her and being the fab mum you are being and I promise she will respect you too in the long run.

big big hugs,
keep your head held high.
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Piglet
13-02-06, 15:17
If you think he is only wanting to see Sam to play head games with you then yes, that's not on at all.

It will be hard but you alone know what's best for Sam longer term and Lisa had lots of good points to make there.

Good luck hun.

Love Piglet xx

sal
13-02-06, 18:13
Thanks Lisa

I totally appreciate what you are saying and how right it is. I just wish he would give me the money he owes me and then just leave it to us. I cant handle him contacting Sam as she thinks it is all my fault he has left as she is too young to understand the bigger picture.

This may seem to him some sort of game and revenge with regards to the money, but im a single parent and desperately need it. He has no financial committments whatever which just makes it more sick to me.

Love Sal xx

sal
15-02-06, 22:22
Simon has been round today to get the rest of his stuff. I phoned work and said i needed a days leave. It is the hardest day i have had. He came round and was great with Sam as calm as he could have ever been with me, gave me some money and promised that whatever happens if i ever change my mind he would always be there for me. I know it wasnt right but now i am questioning myself. I loved him, still do but he changed. I am gutted that he was the Si i first met and totally lost in what to do. Whether right or wrong i can change how i feel. I am guttted that i have been so strong for it all to fall apart today.

Love Sal xx

Piglet
16-02-06, 11:24
Aww Sal this was bound to be the most painful day - give yourself a little time to mull things over. Things have a funny habit of working themselves out sometimes, given a little time and space.

Someone once said to me you see the true measure of a partner in their behaviour after you split. Which I suppose is true because if they deal with you fairly when you are no longer an item it shows that they are basically a good person. Whether this means a relationship can work or not though I am not sure.

Best of luck hun.

Piglet xx

Sue K with 5
16-02-06, 11:47
Hi Sal

I totally agree with Piglet! My ex husband and I get on like we were old friends but as a married couple he was hell to live with. So far you have made some very difficult decisions which in your own heart you know are for the best otherwise they would never have arisen as they did.

This is now your time Sal to find you again. You have come so far and your heart is hurting but your head needs to rule for a while.

You have made so many good decisions and as hard as it is you need to stand by them

Keep going sal and take good care

Sue

scknight

sal
16-02-06, 23:18
Thanks to you both for your messages. It was really hard yesterday and i did let my heart rule and head go out of the window. I saw the Simon i met and fell in love with but that wasnt the same Simon who i ended it with it. It is the first time we have seen each other for nearly a month and we both found it hard. He has texted me today, saying he only feels stronger about me after seeing me. I do still care but i cant erase the person he became. Sam isnt taking this easily and i feel that i am the bad person here. I know i am not perfect by no means but i did try and i hate the fact he wants to put it all right when it has gone so wrong.

You are so right that you see the true measure of a partner after you have split it but then its too late and even if you can repair it, why did it happen in the first place. A case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Dont get me wrong everyone deserves a chance, but we had chances and it wasnt until i ended it that he realised how far he had pushed me and to me however much i care it is too much to come back from. If it matters so much when he had it why didnt he do what he is doing now back then.

Love Sal xx

Karen
16-02-06, 23:35
Aww Sal. Sorry you are having such a difficult time. It was bound to be hard seeing Simon yesterday as it stirrs up old feelings and memories. You are being so brave and strong though and know you are doing what you need to do for you and Sam in the long run.

I can imagine how hurt you are feeling right now and will take time for the pain to lift but I know you can come through this. You are definitely not the 'bad guy' in all of this. It takes two people to make a relationship and you can't make it work on your own.

I'm thinking of you and you know where I am.

Karen xx

Piglet
17-02-06, 14:57
One of my affirmation cards says that you can only be responsible for your half of the realtionship.

This is such a hard stage for you - it was easier for me in that respect as neither of us wanted to get back together.

I supose you have to follow your instincts.

I hope Sam starts to feel more comfortable about the situation soon too as that may take a little pressure off.

Love Piglet xx

sal
18-02-06, 00:18
Thanks Karen

Sorry havent being much of a support to you recently. It is hard and although i know it is the right thing that has happened we have talked tonight on the phone and he was the Si i met, that kills me. Had a really bad day at work not the normal day but been exposed to maliscious rumours from other staff and who did i turn to but Si. He wants to come down tomorrow night, said it would be okay as just to talk but know as i am off work on Sunday and how i feel i will hit the red. Want to explain what has happened today at work but i dont know where to start.

Love Sal xx

bluesparkle
18-02-06, 11:03
hi sal...
i am so sorry you are having such a tough time of it... i do understand how you are feeling... as you know i had similar problems before it is so hard but you can only do what you feel is right for you and sam... and dont let anyone judge you for what ever decision you make... im not very good at explaining what i want in words so i hope this makes sense .... i really just wanted to appolagise for not replying before as you were so good to me when i first came here...i have been reading but just didnt know what to say... but you have been in my thoughts and im sending posative vibes to help you through this...
if you want to pm or text please do i just didnt want to incase you had been bombarded with them.
take care
rach
x

Karen
18-02-06, 22:21
Hi Sal

You just concentrate on yourself and Sam and getting through this. I am fine and have plenty of support.

I hope it is going ok today if you have spoken to Si today. You need to do what is best for you and Sam at the end of the day.

Thinking of you.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

sal
19-02-06, 12:54
Thanks Rach. You dont need to apologise at all. Could you pm me your mobile number as i lost loads of numbers when i changed my phone, thought i had saved them to sim but obviously on the old phone which i deleted.

After what happened at work on Friday, yesterday was the hardest shift i have ever put in. The person responsible for making up a nasty rumour couldnt even look me in the eye, which made me feel even more intimidated and i just cried all day. When i get myself sorted later i will do a post on what actually happened but still in shock as to how someone could stoop so low.

Love Sal xx

Piglet
19-02-06, 19:07
Sal sorry to hear you are having a hard time at work and hope that gets sorted out quick.

Big hug

Love Piglet xx

sal
20-02-06, 01:08
Thatnks hun Dont think it will but not sure how to handle it or if i am ready to post.

Love Sal xx

Piglet
20-02-06, 09:35
Well we are here if you think we can help.

Meantime lots of good vibes coming your way:)

Love Piglet xx