PDA

View Full Version : Where do I go from here?

staypositive
03-05-10, 10:36
Hey all, I haven't really posted for much advice on here before, but I really think I could do with some.

I'm not exactly sure where to start, the past few days I have just felt awful. My confidence is non existent, my anxiety is killing me and my low mood is making things very hard for me.

I've suffered a breakdown in a relationship with a good friend, I don't want to go into to much detail, but all those thoughts are back, you know? Like "I'll never find anyone better than her" and "I'm going to be on my own forever"

I'm not sure how much I'd like to say as this is a public forum, I just wanted to know if anyone could offer any advice as to where I go from here, and getting myself better??

I thought it might be an idea speaking to my GP, the only thing is he hasn't been very supportive in the past, he tries his best but really hasn't a clue what else he can do to help me.

I've been taking Citalopram since I was 14, so very young. I feel that they just are not having the same affect on my mood anymore as they used to, how would the doctor react if I was to come out and say "I want to change"

I'm having awful side effects, night terrors and bad dreams :( It's so difficult.

I hope someone can help, I hate posting things like this as I hate the thought of bothering people, I just don't know what way to turn, in anything anymore :(

Danny

staypositive
03-05-10, 15:05
Please can anyone help?? Even if you just gimme a hug and say "I hope you feel better soon"

Even that would mean the world to me

Zee
03-05-10, 15:09
I hope you do feel better soon:flowers:.. I know what you mean about gp.s though. Our team are great but soon as you mention anxiety they seem a bit lost at times.

staypositive
03-05-10, 15:12
Awww thank you Zee :)

I've found the same, it's almost like my doctor just has no answers when it comes to mental health issues. Last time I went in feeling this bad, he looked at me and said "Well, what would you like me to do?"

Putting my Citalopram to 40mg seems to have caused more harm than good. First thing tomorrow I am going to ring my surgery and see if I can get an urgent appointment. I just want to feel better again, I'm sick of being a victim of life

Take care, Danny

Zee
03-05-10, 15:14
Thats a good and positive idea..Dont let them put you off though.. My doc appreciated it very much when I listed everything I was going through and handed it to him. Sometimes its easy to miss a symptom or two when explaining to the doc so to write it down is a good idea.

hallam11
03-05-10, 15:33
Hello,

I am sorry that you are feeling so low. Like yourself I feel very low and my anxiety is through the roof, however I suffer from ocd also so its different but we're all in the same boat of suffer!

Please do not feel that you are bothering anyone, thats what this forum is for! It is a support group for all of us! So you can bend ears as much as you like!

Ok so it seems that the citalopram really isn't having the desired effect anymore and thats pretty normal, the body can build up defences or just stop reacting to a drug the same if its been used to it. Your doctor will fully understand if you say that you are feeling worse and the citaloprams usual effect are not there. He may not undersatnd what you are feeling and thinking, most don't unless they have had it but he will understand the drugs part.

I hope you find some happiness, I do believe there is someone out there for everyone and you will find the right one for you. Just concerntate on getting better, everything else will take care of itself!
xxx

andrew
03-05-10, 15:37
Hi Danny,

There is some good advice here www.clinical-depression.co.uk (http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk)

Stay in the fight and keep on posting.

Take care .. andrew

JT69
03-05-10, 15:41
Hi Danny,

Sorry you having such a bad time and feeling the way you do. I think its a great idea making an appointment and having a chat with your GP. It may be that 40mg of citalopram is too much for you, so maybe try decreasing to 30mg?? Your GP may suggest that.

Sorry to hear of the breakdown of your friendship, not nice these things in life and they do drag you down.

I think you are being positive in making that appointment, you have recognised that you need to do something about the way you are feeling and are dealing with it.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Big hugs.:hugs:Jo.xx

staypositive
03-05-10, 17:39
Hello everyone :) Thank you so much for the lovely messages and support at a time I need it.

It sounds like my thoughts are confirmed and the best way forward is to speak to my GP. I'm gonna be on phone tomorrow first thing trying to get an urgent one if I can.

JT69 - That was the thoughts my support worker had, she said the raise to 40mg could have done more harm than good, but I only thing I needed to increase because I was finding things difficult (I experienced and unprovoked assault, I had teeth knocked and needed stitches back in March) which didn't help things.

Thanks for the support to everybody, its nice for some sympathetic ears :(

Hallam11 - Thank you, I mean thinking about it, before worrying about anything else I need to get myself back on track and feeling like I used to, even my horoscope today says I need to improve my emotional state of mind. :)

Andrew - Thank you mate, I had a look at the site you posted, it seems like I can relate to everything the site mentions.

Danny