PDA

View Full Version : Coping day to day with HA

Zee
03-05-10, 15:01
As we all know anxiety in any form is very hard to live with especially if you live alone or spend a great deal of the day alone.

I was wondering how everyone copes on a day to day basis with HA?

Dazza
03-05-10, 15:28
by trying to keep myself sane, trying to tell myself that my symptoms are not due to some serious health condition, talking to my friends about it, going to see Doctors if I really need reassurance. Trying to sleep more, using meditation Cds, doing more things that relax me and distract me at the same time.

Easily said, I know. I have good days and bad days. I normally end up in A&E on the bad days. Thankfully, they are not as frequent as before.

Temenos
03-05-10, 19:49
Hi there and just wanted to let you know that I am searching for an answer to the same question as yours. I have had a better day today and I think that's after chatting with my Mum yesterday about some of my symptoms. I have read several posts on this site and distraction seems to be a technique favoured by some, whether it is in the form of a visit to a gym or working or reading a book. To be honest though my HA has been so bad for the last 2 months that I can't get through a page of a book without being distracted by scarey HA related thoughts!!! but thanks for posing the question and I'll be interested to see what replies you get.

Zee
03-05-10, 20:38
I find the mornings for an hour or so worse.I usually get quite shakey but someone gave me a tip to eat as soon as possible to get blood sugar up which helps with the shakiness..After that I go on automatic, getting dressed etc, tidy up and walk my dog.
I have found some days really difficult though and have tried relaxation tapes and the tv as distraction but I agree that intrusive thoughts are hard to fight.Through the day I have clearer,better times but spending so much time alone means that theres a constant fight going on in my head for hours and this tires you out..Evenings are best for me.

Temenos
04-05-10, 07:09
Yes, that is exactly the same for me in that the evenings are so much easier than the day and in particular the awful mornings!!!! It is interesting to see what you have written about food intake in the morning and with this in mind I am going to make sure I eat breakfast. Thanks

kelly1
04-05-10, 07:32
I too wake up like rubbish make a herbal and take my meds, i find that the sertraline is beginning to help and the propananol ,but the nights get me the worst as i dread going to bed as i feel the ice creeping up my legs knowing I'm on a panic,, cant wait till they subside, does anyone else feel suicidal , i would never do it but have very bad moments.

Zee
04-05-10, 10:38
Does anyone find that if they wake up to warm sunny weather they feel a bit better?

miss_hystericus
04-05-10, 14:33
I find that the weather really affects my mood, the sunnier the better for me!

I find that the mornings are fine until my son has gone to school and i'm alone, I am definitely more anxious when im alone.
I just try to keep myself busy and when I feel stressed or anxious I try my hardest to ignore my symptoms, they eventually subside. When i'm at my worst I find deep breathing really helps though.
I really hate this anxiety, I just wish I could go back to feeling normal again.
x

jothenurse
04-05-10, 17:33
Actually, I really like cloudy, rainy days. They seem more relaxing tome.

Zee
04-05-10, 20:47
When the sun shines I definately feel brighter and cope better. I dont mind the rain but cold windy weather makes my muscles ache and I seem to be sensitive to the cold..Then again im sensitive to loud noises, perfumes, vapours ..list goes on :ohmy: