PDA

View Full Version : Stuck inside my dream..

tasia
03-05-10, 15:19
Hello again,

Been a while since ive written a post but just need some reassurance again on my depersonalisation...Ive been fine for a while but this morning I had a dream and it seemed so so real that when i woke up i looked around my bedroom and felt that i couldnt get my mind away from this dream and that i felt like i wasnt really in my room but still in my dream and also I just couldnt think, it was like i was staring at everything but my mind was blank it was so awful and so scary, after a few minutes the feeling went away. I know its a symptom of depersonalisation but I hate it so so much and its ruined my day today as I keep getting waves off it coming over me and now im dreading going to bed tonight incase it comes back...ive been so well in myself too. I cant understand why this has had to come back again...any feedback from you lovely people would be so much help to me at this moment..thankyou xx

MOJO
03-05-10, 20:27
Hi Tasia!
I had an experience like yours the other day. The dream was so real and I couldn't seem to come out of it. I didn't feel like I was in the real world at all and kept having flashbacks of the dream. This lasted on and off for most of the morning. I tried to concentrate on what I had to do that day though and the feeling eventually went away. I went to bed that night and was fine. It didn't happen again and I'm sure you will be fine tonight too. Just play a relaxation cd or something that calms you as you lie in bed and that should help you have a good nights sleep.
I suffer from depersonalisation a lot and find it really scares me. I have reasonably long spells without it and then it comes back again. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's when we are more stressed than usual.
I hope you sleep well.:emot-sleepyhead:
Take care. Judy.x

tasia
03-05-10, 22:23
Hi Judy,
Thankyou so much for your reply. I really appreciate it...im going to bed in a while and shall take a book up with me as im feeling slightly anxious about it. Depersonalisation is really horrible isnt it. I have suffered with it for a number of years. It probably is down to stress which starts it all off...its such a strange thing I was drinking alcohol at the weekend, it was my friends birthday and i did feel really anxious the day after drinking, maybe this is the end result of my anxiety....thankyou again for your reply......tasia xx

welshwizard79
05-05-10, 14:20
I have had the same problem on occasion during very high levels of anxiety and although I didnt find it scary it was very strange and like I was in a film or something. I seem to have very dark dreams and nightmares that have bizzare imagery or plots like from a horror film, when ive mentioned them to people they just think im odd. However, although they are scary I strangley sometimes quite like them and it makes me feel like an individual and atleast Ive got an imagination :)

tasia
06-05-10, 10:02
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply...I too have really weird dreams and they are like films and very vivid..the dream I had was about my mum she has been dead quite a number of years and I dont really dream about her alot, maybe this made me anxious too as I miss her so much. People think my dreams are odd too because they have such a story to them lol...I know what happened to me was due to depersonalisation too as this sometimes happens to me...Im fine now and hopefully it wont happen again for a while...thankyou again for your replys they are much appreciated xx

jaded jean
14-05-10, 06:46
Hi all.
Experienced my first vivid weird dream last night. It felt like I was actually living it- scary. it was not a nightmare , but I felt it was happening for real . Is this a regular thing or does it 'just happen?' I used to get this happening when takeing Mirtazapine but they were always of a sexual nature which I did NOT like as I felt as if I ws awake,
Jean