PDA

View Full Version : the late,lamented stephanie kendal

ASH65
03-05-10, 19:42
today i was at a car boot stall,in ryelands park,lancaster.
i saw a familiar profile and my heart leapt.a woman,about 65-70.
pat kendal i called her name then held her like she was gold.her daughter was a lovely,kind,talented,sexy,sassy,funny
crazy woman,and a best friend of mine."open that bottle ade and i aint leaving this room tonite honey,go on open it"when she gave you a kiss it felt more like a depth charge going off in your heart.stephanie took her own life in 1996 at 30 yrs old ,a devastating unambiguous overdose.i was an in-patient at ridge lea at the time and we would meet in the old church yard,her for a booze,me for a joint.a nurse came to my room(knowing how close we were)
and said those words we all dread "i have some bad news" in my naievety i thought i was being discharged,in fact,i was told stephanie was dead.
i visited pat many times after the funeral and we laughed and cried and shook our fists at the memories.today was the first time i have seen her since 2006,she still holds stephanies beauty in her snake eyes,and she breaks my heart with her sorrow. miss you stephanie loved you always,so hugs for pat,her mum too.:weep:

Going home
03-05-10, 21:31
Its always hard to bear when we know a life is wasted in this way and especially if it was someone so dear to us. Good that you saw her mum and were able to give each other a hug. You'll always have your great memories.

Sending you a smilie face ade :flowers:

Anna xxx