PDA

View Full Version : Really confused!!!!

Purple Fish
03-05-10, 21:15
Hey! You know what? I`m really fed up and confused about my weight.

I`m female, 37 years old, 5ft 6" and I weigh 11st 9lbs (163lbs).

i`m classed as overweight according to my BMI result. What do I do? Should I go to my GP to get their opinion? I have tried dieting without success!!!
I`m so fed up I can`t worry about this anymore!!!
I cycle and walk everywhere but OK I like my food!!!

I`m so fed up, I hate feeling like this!!! What do I do???

Tanya xxx

Going home
03-05-10, 21:50
Hi Tanya, please try not to worry about this, I wouldn't say you were that overweight to be honest. I'm also 5'6 and until 3 years ago was 11st 7lbs...i'm now 15st...now that's overweight! It also depends on your frame. I was always being told in magazines that at 5'6 I should be something like 9st 10lbs but the one time I was actually this weight I looked ill! I was always perfectly happy around 11st. I wore a size 14-16 and looked good in my clothes and felt well. It seems that now the menopause has caught up with me and combined with the beta blocker I take for my blood pressure and migraine...and too much red wine...i'm bigger than ive ever been. I agree that it seems to get harder losing the weight, but I know that ive really got to try.

But you sound healthy and happy with your weight so I would say leave well alone, or at least don't become obsessed with it. If you really want to lose a few pounds do it without pressure....then tell me how you did it :D

Hope this helps a bit anyway
Anna xx

Purple Fish
04-05-10, 08:25
Hi Anna,

Thanks for your reply. I`m going to try a well known diet club (which will be for the 10th time!)
I`ll let you know how I get on!

xx