PDA

View Full Version : A nasty panic attack?

Dianneck
04-05-10, 05:11
Hi, I've been doing really well lately but tonight had a doozie of an attack of some sort.
I'll admit, I've felt kinda anxious the last two days and felt it building today. Just before dinner and out of the blue, I felt my chest tighten a bit and I got up to check my blood pressure to see if it was up. Before the machine could finish the tingles started and I started sweating profusely. Thankfully my husband was home! I got my Ativan (I haven't taken this in a month!) and laid down with my head in my husband's lap. The tingles were from head to toe, my head was throwing off tons of heat but I was cold to touch everywhere else. This episode only lasted 10 minutes whereas I've had others last 15-20 minutes.
I guess my question is do others have similar symptoms? The hot/cold sweats, body tingles? It so freaky!
Any responses would be helpful :)
Thanks!

bellalew
04-05-10, 13:45
hi hun,yes iv had the same symptoms as you,plus,although scarey,its quite normal in a panic attack,it dose help if someone is there with us and glad your hubby was a comfort to you.after iv had a bad p\a,im usually drained for a couple of days, it zaps my energy.iv had them for many yrs on+off,they realy are startling and nasty things,there apart of my make up now.i hope your alot better now hun.xx

Bexmumto3
04-05-10, 13:51
I get those symptoms along with many others too with the tingling all over & the hot/cold sweats although mine come in waves all over my body where my whole body will burn up then will go freezing cold & I'll start to shiver then it will go boiling hot again & so on & my panics can last anywhere from 10mins - 2 hours, my husband can tell now when I'm getting worked up as my face starts flushing & burning.
I too feel drained for days after a panic attack as it does seem to zap all my energy.

daydreamer
04-05-10, 17:38
Im sorry to hear of your panic attack but Im glad you posted your symptoms because I have been having the same almost every evening and I was starting to get very worried!

i keep getting a flushed Hot face its awful, I have to carry a cold flannel around with me most places as when it happens nothing else can stop it! The rest of my body is also always cold, like I have chillblains on my feet for gods sake! LOL! I just feel like I cant control my thermostat anymore, which is making me stressed! I know how you feel! I guess its just stress and we need to try and ignore it, so so hard to do!

Wishing you luck, lets hope it passess soon! x

susysparkle
04-05-10, 21:48
hi there. i to get hot flushes when i get panicky.. i also was prescibed lorazepam 1mg.. I FFER FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, AND WHEN I GET A PANIC ATTACK. I GET MORE ANXIOUS, COS I CHECK MY BP AND IT GOES HIGH, EVEN THO I TAKE ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUGS...I DO TRY AND NOT TAKR THE LORAZEPAM. BUT SOMETIMES, I JST TAKE 0.5 WHICH I FIND TAKES THE EDGE OFF.. I ALWAYS CARRY THEM WITH ME, JUST IN CASE, AND SOUNDS SIILY, BUT AS LONG AS I NO THEY ARE IN MY BAG, I FEEL LESS ANXIOUS...DO YOU GET PANICKY AT NIGHT TIME AT ALL...?

jothenurse
05-05-10, 14:01
I get hot flashes, but I think those are more hormonal (I'm 56), but I do think the panic attacks have a play in them.
I, too am on Ativan. Presently I take around 2 mg a day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. This was just a temporary thing until I could get my nerves under control so I could eat (I lost 20 pounds). I hope to be able to start cutting them back to just a .5. I need to ask my psychiatrist. She told me that I still am not taking that much of it compared to some people. But, when I do take the 1 mg, I feel pretty dizzy, and drowsy, which that in itself can make me panicky. How about you?
It has helped my stomach some so I don't feel like gagging all the time and can eat a little bit more now.