PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Doctors!

Jannie2948
04-05-10, 11:53
I have just come back from a visit to my Dr's to get my prescription filled. My usual Dr I see was on holiday so I had to see another. What an absolute horrible person he was! I came out of there feeling awful. He more or less told me I'm overweight, not to take diazepam and I should think about reducing my mg of citalopram!! Oh I feel so good now :-) I felt fine before I saw him, only wanted a repeat prescription, now my head is splitting and I am so angry. My other Dr is a sweetie and says I can be on the citalopram for as long as I need them and I only ever take the 2mg of diazepam when I feel more anxious. I have come out of there feeling so angry I'll need to calm down :-)

Just needed a little rant, good job I can do that on here :-)

Jannie x x

london
04-05-10, 12:24
report him

alias_kev
06-05-10, 00:28
Sorry you had a bad time at the Drs. Some appear to have little understanding of anx/dep, and they are constantly heckled by the PCTs for prescribing practically anything. Try and get by until yours is back and go and see them again.

kev
06-05-10, 17:32
Sorry to hear that Jannie.

Some doctors can be so bad it's untrue.

I've changed doctors and she is absolutely amazing and it has made such a difference to the way I feel about healthcare in general.

Go and see your normal one as soon as poss and try and put that horrible incident out of your mind.

Take care,

Kev.

Bexmumto3
06-05-10, 21:01
Sounds like the doctor I saw a few weeks ago, I ended up telling him what I thought of him & walked out mid appointment & refuse to see him anymore, I complained of dizziness so he examined my neck/head by moving it around really nastily then he made me stand in the room with my eyes closed & arms out & I started to cry as I was wobbling all over so he told me I was depressed because I was crying I was like no I'm crying because I am scared & you have hurt me!!
Oh & I always get the you are overweight one, so I say yeah I know thanks I have seen & if they are really nasty about it which some have been then I tell them that I would rather be overweight than a rude person like them.
There is no need for them to be like it, I would complain. x

Jannie2948
06-05-10, 21:12
Thanks for the replies, it was blooming horrible and the worst of it is I had been feeling so good, only wanted a repeat prescription. Since going to the Dr's on Tuesday I have felt horrible. Tonight I can't seem to get a deep breath and it is making me more anxious. I could hit him cos I have been feeling so good lately. I feel like I have gone 2 steps backwards. I'm going to make another appointment to see my usual Dr next week when he is back from his holidays.

I know that feeling Bexmumto3, often feel dizzy and when you get a blooming Dr who doesn't understand what you are going through it makes everything feel ten times worse. The weight thing really gets me, I lost about 2 stone when I first when on citalopram because I could just not eat. I just want to feel well, blow the weight, doesn't bother me at all, just want my head right!!! He also took my blood pressure and just pulled a face, I told him my blood pressure always goes up as I suffer with white coat syndrome, only have to see one of those machines and my blood pressure goes up!! When I take it at home it is normal :-)

Thanks again for all your replies.

All the best to you all

Jannie x x