PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

ShazAtko
05-05-10, 08:59
Just a quick question about insomnia. Is it best to try not to sleep during the day and wait till you go to bed again the next night or not?

Thanks.

Shaz x

gypsywomen
05-05-10, 09:07
if you can stay awake its ok but wecan get over tierd then we cant sleep:)

ShazAtko
05-05-10, 09:11
Thanks for that. This is the 2nd night in a row, and Nytol did not work last night. It totally puts your routine out of sync and work during the day so want to get it back again.

PUGLETMUM
05-05-10, 09:58
:)hi, i usually find that by about the 4th night of proper insommnia, i just sleep normally becasue im exhausted - but if its like a long phase of waking early and not being able to sleep deeply - i try not to sleep in the day and not to go to bed too early, becasue then i usually end up awake after 3am -but when its justb no sleep at all due to serious anxiety i will nap in the day if i can, because like previous poster said you can feel quite ill - ive never tryed nytol, but i have had to resort to proper sleeping tablets in the last year, as continual poor sleep due to stress was getting me down - not sure whether its that bad for you or if you would take proper sleeping medication - i dont think doctors give it freely though, as apparently it can be highly addictive.

ShazAtko
05-05-10, 18:15
Good advice Emma - thanks!