PDA

View Full Version : feeling overwhelmed and hopeless

frightenedbutterfly
05-05-10, 10:35
How do you ask for help when you know you're drowning under the weight of everything? I can't tell my mum because she has enough going on and I don't want to add to her problems, my boyfriend refuses to accept there's anything wrong.. I'm scared to tell my doctor because he probably won't take me seriously. I still haven't confessed to what I can see and hear. To be honest I can only really see one way out of all this, I don't want to but it seems like it's the only way to put an end to all this pain. Sorry... I just don't know what to do.

JaneC
05-05-10, 11:06
frightenedbutterfly,

Please, please see your doc. I can't see why they wouldn't take you seriously. You must try. If you are saying what I think you are saying, that would add to your mum's problems a whole lot more. I am sure help is out there :hugs:

gypsywomen
05-05-10, 12:01
:hugs:i agree have a chat with your docter they will help

ElizabethJane
05-05-10, 15:46
I might be way off here but if you are hallucinating ie seeing things that aren't there or hearing voices then you must see your GP straight away. If you can't face telling him everything try writing it down and take someone with you who can act as your advocate and speak on your behalf. I hope that you being to feel better soon.

frightenedbutterfly
06-05-10, 22:00
Thank you for the support!!

I've mentioned feeling this way to doctors in the past and it didn't go very well. Writing it down is a good idea, thank you EJ! x