PDA

View Full Version : stomach pain

babydevil666
05-05-10, 21:22
Hi I'm getting worried about this stomach pain I'm having! I have had it for a week now its low down and is an ache rather than pain. I had a c section 5 months ago not sure of its this or not. I wentto drs today who found nothing wrong and its prob my ibs but its not the same pain! I now have awful back ache and can feel my anxiet
y rising!x

gina p
05-05-10, 21:33
Hi . Don't panic .
I've had sections . One 2 and a half years ago and one 7 and a half months ago . I felt exactly the same both times. When u have a section they cut through several layers but actually tear the thin membranes under the muscles rather than cut them . They heal on their own but occasionally u can get some adhesions as its repairing ( this came from the midwife and consultant as I asked why I had pain up to a year after having my first child - actually not a pain more a dull ache like u said . U can also expect to get the odd sharp pain and weird sensation for some time yet but honestly - its all normal . Its just ur body healing . x

babydevil666
05-05-10, 21:40
Thank u. I was jus worried because its jus started out of the blue. C sections ars not good for ha! Iv had so many problems from it ibs, mrsa etc its put my anxiety through the roof! Xx

kelvinwaugh
08-05-10, 04:06
If the pain is high up in your abdomen and occurs after meals, antacids may provide some relief, especially if you feel heartburn or indigestion.Over-the-counter antacids, such as Tums, Maalox, or Pepto-Bismol, also can reduce some types of abdominal pain. Activated charcoal capsules also may help.