PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, another question about blood tests!!

IJJ
06-05-10, 12:54
I am sorry for asking a question that I am sure has been asked many times before! I lost a baby in November when I was 16 weeks pregnant and since then I have suffered terribley from panic attacks and health anxiety, convinced I have cancer and that is what caused me to miscarry. I am now 9 weeks pregnant again and have just had my routine blood test that you have in pregnancy - as well as checking your blood group etc it also involves a full blood count. It has all come back completely normal apart from iron being slightly low although the doctor has said it is so slightly low that she is not at all concerned and that it is caused by being pregnant. I know blood tests cannot in themselves diagnose a particular illness but I just wondered as mine came back normal can I conclude I have no signs of sinister illnesses lurking anywhere? Blood pressure, urine test etc was all normal as well.

Very grateful for any replies

gypsywomen
06-05-10, 13:36
if you have had full count you will be ok yes it can detect other things

margaret jones
06-05-10, 13:38
Congratulations to you I am sure your blood tests are telling you that everything is fine anemia is very common in pregnancy , also you had a loss when you miscarried your baby so you will be more anxious .

Please try and relax and enjoy your pregnancy
Take Care Maggie

PS if you are worried about anything i am sure someone on this site will have been down that same path so ask away xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: hug for you

Zee
06-05-10, 14:48
I had full blood count recently and I asked my Gp what the results would show.He said they were a very good indicator of general health and if something needed looking into. So, yes, fbc gives a good pointer.

IJJ
07-05-10, 17:07
Thank you for your replies ladies!