PDA

View Full Version : First time alone since this all started

Rheidy
07-05-10, 08:21
Hi, I'm new here, I've been reading for a few months and gained a great deal of knowledge and relief from this site.
This weekend I'm on my own for the first time since my anxiety and panic attacks started last October. I go to work everyday on my own but it's a real push to make myself. My partner has gone to our farm 6 hours away for a hunting trip with the boys and my closest family is 2 hours away. I am determined to stay on my own to challenge myself and hopefully gain some confidence back. But i'm scared. I also have labyrinthitis at the moment so that has increased my anxiety. I'm not doing too bad so far.... Been home from work an hour :) I guess my biggest fear is that something bad will happen and no one will know. I've downloaded about a million relaxation podcasts to my iPhone and got a few good movies to watch as well as a ginormous bottle of rescue remedy!

Wish me luck!

jude uk
07-05-10, 08:47
Well done for pushing yourself out to work each day I know how difficult that can be. Seperation anxiety is very real but I am glad to read that you have taken measures to help you cope and thats very pro-active. This will be a good step for you and as you say, you will gain loads of confidence from it. I half expected to read when you said ginormous bottle of recue remedy for it to say gin lol...ahhhh wishful thinking
You will be amazed at how well you cope and before you know it they will be home.
Remember most times there are people in the chat room if you need to talk..

wishing you well

diane07
07-05-10, 09:05
Aww well done you for pushing yourself,

Just post on here if you need to and we will be right by your side and help you all we can.

best wishes

di xx

Rheidy
07-05-10, 09:25
Thanks guys.

I've been worried about this weekend for ages. It's nice to know that someone is always around on here to give support! It makes a difference.

Rheidy
07-05-10, 09:37
Judeswan - I don't have a bottle of gin but there are a few beers in the fridge that are on shaky ground :)