PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety why?

kazzy
07-05-10, 16:01
I have just been told i have stress and anxiety why? I have always been ok until i gave up breast feeding my daughter. Then it all started feeling dizzy, breathless pain in my arms and back. It mostly happens when i leave the house.
Feel like i am going mad sometimes but why am i like this how do i stop it. Keeping myself busy still does not work. Any help and advice would be great

kazzy

PUGLETMUM
07-05-10, 16:14
:hugs:hi this is very weird as htis is what happened to me - although i had been anxious in th epast it was nothing like what happened afte ri stopped feeding my daughter after 10 months - my advice would be not to panic - not to attempt too quickly to make it go away? i rushed to the docs to get a script of prozac, which id taken successfully twice before but it didnt work - and i was a wreck - becasue like you i wanted it to go.

looking back if i knew what i do now - id have been able to say this was a reasonable and expected reaction to the loss of role for your baby (i mean your baby is growing up and so less dependent on you when you are no longer feeding, and also you are losing the happy breastfeeding hormones - i never really discusse dhtis in depth with anyone, as my mum wasnt alive and i didnt really have anyone else - but i think it was just natural - id been so happy in my little role and id done very little else - that when i stopped, i felt weird, but then panicked - hope this eases your mind a bit? just keep talking about how you feel - someone will always offer advice and support - btw how old is your baby? did you wean off or stop suddenly?