PDA

View Full Version : driving test nerves

bedofroses
07-05-10, 19:38
:ohmy: i have failed my driving test a few times now ive had loads of lessons over the years, when it comes to my test i get so nervous, id welcome any advice on how i can overcome this? i have tried rescue remeday and it did help when i did one of my tests, evertime ive failed im always thinking negative that im never going to pass instead of being postitive.

rblt94
09-05-10, 01:10
Its is perfectly normal to freeze up on your driving test, I think everyone does in some way or another. But to help yourself mentally, you have to think positive and realize this is for YOU. You can do it, just keep getting back on that horse! Good luck!

bedofroses
09-05-10, 14:54
thank you for the advice i was told was i was 17 that id never pass my test i no i should forget what i was told years ago im not 17 anymore lets just say ive a big birthday next year.:shades:

Julie1975
09-05-10, 18:08
Think positive, I only passed my driving test 2 years ago at the age of 33, I didn't think I could do it, I used the rescue remedy which helped loads.

I was really nervous when I had mine and just kept thinking if I fail I can always do it again.

I have everything crossed for.

bedofroses
12-05-10, 19:12
thankyou i know i must think postive your right, hopefully when i have my test again soon ill be successful,ill take my rescue remedy and maybe have my instructor sit in the back.im the big 40 next year so i want topass before then.:shades:

JaneC
12-05-10, 19:20
Hi bedofroses,

Some people find it helpful to take beta blockers, although I don't think I did especially (don't leave it to try the first one on the day lol). I passed third time, with my instructor in the back for the first time so it's defo worth a try, certainly can't do any harm, I'd have thought. I was also 39 when I passed x