PDA

View Full Version : Out of hospital and doing ok

nomorepanic
07-05-10, 19:59
I know a few people saw that Alex posted on Facebook saying I was in hospital and thanks for all the comment on there. Just thought I would update you all.

I had to go in last night and I had chest pain on and off since Wednesday and it wasn't getting any better Thursday night so we called the out-of-hours doc and they wanted me to go and get an ECG done straight away.

We went to A&E and they were very good and saw me immediately and did an ECG. They said that I wasn't having a heart attack which is what I primarily wanted to know having had one back in Sep 08.

They did find an abnormality though and needed to check against previous ECG's to see if this was recorded at that time as well.

They took blood tests and said they had to repeat them in 12 hours time so I had to stay in for the night. I was then injected with blood thinning drugs just in case there was a clot.

Spent a very sleepless night in a very uncomfortable bed in the acute admissions unit, had more blood tests, another ECG, more injections in the stomach and then finally they compared my previous ECG results and said it was all ok and I could go home.

I have to go back for a treadmill test, a heartscan and possibly an Angiography.

I have had a sleep this afternoon and feel a bit tired but relieved all is ok fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the texts and messages on Facebook etc.

hallam11
07-05-10, 20:22
Wow Nicola! What a stressful few days!!!

I am glad everything turned out ok, hope everything goes well with the further tests!

Best of wishes to you!
xxx

ladybird64
07-05-10, 20:36
Well now our Nic, you know I don't do facebook (:D) but thanks for posting here.

I'm very glad to hear it wasn't another MI but it sounds like they are on the ball and will quickly sort out what ails you, hopefully an angiogram should give some definitive info.

Take it easy, look after yourself and get that accident prone fella of yours to look after you as well. :bighug1:

andrew
07-05-10, 20:38
Hiya Nic,

Pleased to read everything seems ok. xxx

pollyanna
07-05-10, 20:54
nicola

sorry to hear you Have been a bit poorly, glad you are feeling a bit better now, and hope all the other tests go well too.

Take care

P x :flowers:

Vanilla Sky
07-05-10, 21:01
Sorry to hear you haven't been well Nic , sending you love and hugs :bighug1:
Paige xx

Bexmumto3
07-05-10, 21:01
Sorry to hear you have been feeling so poorly, hope you are feeling better soon, hope all the tests go well xx

KK77
07-05-10, 21:12
Fingers crossed the further tests turn out OK.

X

bottleblond
07-05-10, 21:19
Nic

So glad you are ok and they let you out of prison. I was really worried about you and i'm really relieved that my fab mate is up and about again.

Loads of Love
Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

SueBee
07-05-10, 22:15
So gad you're ok Nic. I hope the tests go well too.

Sue xxx

nomorepanic
07-05-10, 22:18
Aww thank you everyone. :hugs:

I am doing ok now. It is just a worry when you never know when to get help or not but they told me not to hesitate going in when I get any chest pain at all.

I find it difficult cos the hospital reminds me of the bad times I had in there before and I still have no idea how anyone gets well in that place when you get no sleep at all then they kick you out of bed at 7am to make your bed and stab you with injections and drugs and then tell you to stay calm and get well soon :roflmao:

I am a terrible patient cos I constantly question them and what they are giving me lol

eeyorelover
07-05-10, 22:20
Glad you're home and you've got to rest some.
Will pray that the rest of the tests turn out fine!
xxx

allergyphobia
07-05-10, 22:20
get well soon nicola your work here is incredible xxx

nomorepanic
07-05-10, 22:22
I will, however, defend the NHS here though in that I walked into A&E with chest pain and there was a 2.5 hour waiting time and I was seen within 5 minutes - so hats off to them to prioritise things when it is important.

Going home
07-05-10, 22:24
:D nicola, you sound like my brother who has to sometimes go into for a few days, depending on whatever tests they want to do next, and he absolutely hates it! Not the staff coz they're brill, but just the old hospital routine like waking you up to give you a sleeping pill...what's that all about? :lac:

But glad you're doing ok...one day at a time yes?

Best wishes
Anna xxx

nomorepanic
07-05-10, 22:46
Yes Anna - that I can relate to lol. I have seen so much in that place it doesn't amaze me anymore.

We weren't prepared to stay in so I had nothing with me and I actually got an NHS toothbrush and toothpaste today so I was honoured lol.

I know I sound really harsh but you have to see it to believe it sometimes and this is not one of the best hospitals in this area to go to but I had to go there cos of my previous ECG's been done there.

One of the male nurses in there I watched today and he was fantastic with the patients - so kind and caring. Some don't care and just want a quiet life.

I should be an undercover reporter lol.

When they dumped me in AAU as they call it I didn't see a nurse until I went looking for one asking if I could have some water. I had no idea what was going on and when you are scared and alone it can be bad. Now I know the rules I just wander off and ask for things lol.

Poor Alex sat in the A&E department with me from 9.30 - 12.15 sat on a foot stool. No-one offered him a comfy chair or a coffee or anything - I know the relatives aren't their priority but they are part of the patients recovery I feel.

Ok moan over cos I could go on all night lol

alias_kev
07-05-10, 23:27
Glad your scare wasn't anything too bad Nicola.
Glad you are a little better too.

yvonne_uk_98
08-05-10, 01:08
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, hope you have a good day today.

suzy-sue
08-05-10, 01:37
Glad to hear you are feeling better and back home Nic .You dont seem to get much rest in hospitals ,its suprising anyone gets better at all in there ..Good luck with your tests ,I hope they turn out well . Please take it easy and rest. You certainly deserve to...Take care luv Sue xx:bighug1:

xBettyBoopx
08-05-10, 02:10
So sorry you've been having such a bad time Nichola. I am glad that you are out of hospital and things seem to be ok.

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2017/2017705rrjir75d0d.gif
Els
xxx

kate
08-05-10, 08:39
Glad you are home and hope that your test results are all good!

Kate xx

pink daisy
08-05-10, 10:58
Glad u r home.. hope u feel better xx

honeybee3939
08-05-10, 11:09
Hope things have improved for you today mate:flowers:,

Been thinking of you:flowers:
:hugs:
Andy
xxxx

bluesparkle
08-05-10, 14:02
hi nic
just wanted to send you some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
rach
x

shaka
08-05-10, 14:36
glad your home .hope you feel better.

Dying_Swan
08-05-10, 14:46
Hey Nic.

Sorry to hear you've been poorly and in hospital, but good news that you're now home and hopefully on the mend :)

Sending healing vibes and good luck for the tests

xxx

RosieXXX
08-05-10, 16:58
Hello Nic :hugs:,

Glad you are out of hospital and you are doing ok.

Wishing you well, and hope you will be fully recovered soon.

Helen x

IrishPrincess
08-05-10, 18:03
Good to hear you're ok Nic xxx

sb001f8994
08-05-10, 18:21
Hi Nic,
Glad everythings is ok and you are well again.
Take lots of care of yourself, much love,

tnt808
08-05-10, 18:22
Nic,

Sorry to hear you had to go to the hospital....especially with those beds, and crappy hospital food. I hope you feel beter soon, and they can figure out what's wrong. I will be thinking of you and Alex.

marie1974
08-05-10, 18:23
Hi Nic, im sorry i have only just picked up on this, glad u r home and all is ok at moment, please take care and i hope all is better very soon, big hugs hun xx

nomorepanic
08-05-10, 18:25
Oh what lovely replies - thank you all so much.

I am feeling much better today and taking it easy. It was lovely to sleep in my bed as well. Funny what silly things you miss isn't it.

Cheers everyone

magpie girl
08-05-10, 19:12
So happy to hear your feeling alot better nic:D and you are right there is nothing like your own bed and own quilt.

ann01
08-05-10, 19:55
Glad to hear your feeling better, take care x

PoppyC
08-05-10, 23:37
Hi Nic
So sorry to hear that that you were unwell and had to go into hospital.
I hope you manage to get some proper rest and that things improve for you and that the tests come back fine.
Hoping you feel much better soon. :flowers:

nomorepanic
08-05-10, 23:47
Thank You everyone - you have all been so kind on here.

I am ok today and just chilling

sunshine-lady
09-05-10, 00:00
So sorry to here that you had to go to hospital Nic. Pleased to hear that you are feeling a little better. Fingers crossed that all of your test results are good.

Take care and put your feet up for a while

xxxx

amandaj
10-05-10, 07:25
glad you are ok and back at home only just seen this sorry , im living a few days behind atm lol xxxxxxxx

lildutt
10-05-10, 08:10
glad u feeling little better nic i had a simillar scare in oct last year and went throught the same things the docs did hope the other test will be ok tc shell xxx

Southern_Belle
10-05-10, 13:54
Hi Nic,

I'm so glad you are feeling better and will have you in my prayers.

Love,

Laura

Veronica H
10-05-10, 14:40
:bighug1:sending you some hugs Nic. Hope all goes well.

Veronicax

Pudding
10-05-10, 15:36
Hi Nicola

So sorry you've had to be rushed off again, scary experience isn't it. I hope the tests prove all is ok, from a fellow MI victim I wish you all the very best.

Fran

gypsywomen
10-05-10, 15:43
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj225/kkrd99/gladYoureFeelingBetter.jpglove maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MOJO
10-05-10, 19:47
Hello Nicola,
I would have posted before but only just saw this thread:blush:. I'm so sorry you have been having a rough time of it. I'm glad you are home again now though and wish you well for your future test results.
Take care. Judy.xx:hugs:

maxine
10-05-10, 19:50
Hey Nic,

Well trust you to cause such a drama :winks:.

I'm glad you're alright but you know you need to take things nice and easy for a while!
Do as Alex tells you.. I know how hard you'll find that lol

Keep us updated please.

Loads of love from your tardiest pal lol

Max xxx

Worrier
10-05-10, 21:41
Blimey Nic will it ever end. I can't believe you have been through so much. I don't think I would be able to cope with all that, I'm a real baby when it comes to health stuff.

Stay strong and positive and get back to normal as quick as possible.

Take care
Natalie xx

ElizabethJane
10-05-10, 22:20
Dear Nic I'm sorry that you have been in hospital again. I noticed something was wrong when you did not do your quiz. We missed you. Take it easy and I hope you begin to feel better again soon. Love EJ.

Paddington
10-05-10, 23:46
So glad they were thorough Nic..tho it cant be nice as you say..:ohmy:But at least you know they are keeping an eye on things ..Those tum injections are NOT nice are they Hun..i dont Know what with you and my Son both being rushed in for similar things ..must be in the air Mate:lac:Take it easy Nic.
Love Paddie.xxxxx

nomorepanic
16-05-10, 00:50
Look at this pic 8 days on - freaky how it is heart shaped isn't it?

eeyorelover
16-05-10, 04:44
That is freaky but kind of oddly cute!
;)
Perhaps the heart is a good omen or something for the future?
xxx

KK77
16-05-10, 21:00
Look at this pic 8 days on - freaky how it is heart shaped isn't it?

:ohmy: Looks like a giant love bite to me! I think it's an omen that you'll be getting good news, Nic.