PDA

View Full Version : Hand shaking so scared

pb
07-05-10, 20:32
Right hand keeps shaking , really scared ive got parkinson disease.
Spent evening at friends and hand was really shaking, it stopped eventually but then it felt like a vibration.
I have been very sresssed today, but surely i would have the shakes in both hands.
Please advise...

pb
08-05-10, 07:55
please can someone help - joints also really bad as well..

anthrokid
08-05-10, 08:37
Heya pb,

Sounds quite distressing. I get shakes in my legs sometimes and in my hands too. Sometimes it's one hand, sometimes it's both. Really frustrating! And I get terribly stiff and sore joints. I just looked at my hands then and they're trembling and I hadn't even noticed. Sometimes I feel like my legs or arms or hands are vibrating on the inside but aren't physically moving. I've been told by both of my doctors and my psychiatrist that this is definitely just anxiety in my case. It's just your body's way of getting rid of excess energy or just a natural response it's developed to the anxiety. Also altered sensations and extra sensitive nerves that we have with anxiety can make those vibrating feelings when nothings actually moving. With joint pains they're generally caused because we are so tense all the time without realising so our joints get really sore and stiff from it. We tend not to exercise as much as we should either which further weakens them and makes them sorer when we do tense them! I'm pretty sure it's just a common thing with anxiety. If it worries you too much check in with the doctor, but it really does sound like anxiety to me :)

pb
08-05-10, 10:00
Thank you Aimee for your reply