PDA

View Full Version : Fast Heart Rate plz reply

ashero38
08-05-10, 00:36
Im starting to freak out because my heart rate 113 bpm and usually its not over 90bpm really worried

MrsJaredLeto
08-05-10, 00:45
It's because your worried! I have 2 heart conditions that affect my rate and rythmn and I've been told many times that unless it's 150+ they don't wanna see me!! I know a few techniques to slow it down:
bear down (as if trying for the toilet!)
suck ice cubes (!)
and deep breaths and distraction
AND please STOP pulse checking it's the worst thing u can do!
Cheer up sweet, I live with constant fear with my heart I know how u feel but it's fine xx

peter34uk
08-05-10, 00:57
Tonight I was out with friends and after eating a pizza my heart rate shot up to around around 90ish.

Its usually about 66-75bpm. I got anxious after checking my pulse and believe me that made it worse.

My wife was with me and gave me no sympathy at all. Alli wanted to do was check my pulse so i could se that it wasnt as bad as it felt, but when i did it only got worse.

2 hours on its better, but trust me is anxiety and adrenaline related.

xBettyBoopx
08-05-10, 02:14
Ashero, I see you're offline at the moment, I hope you are ok. Sometimes my heart races like that for no apparent reason. Sometimes though it's because I have just eaten. Had you just had something to eat when this happened?

I'm sure you're ok, maybe you've fallen asleep. Heart racing can be very scary but most times is nothing to worry about.

Take care

Els

jothenurse
08-05-10, 02:14
Believe me, 113 is not that fast. Anything under 100 is normal. I have been in the ER a few times with a pulse of over 150 - regular rythmn, just too fast from a panic attack. They tell me to take some ativan when I feel it coming on and to also take my beta-blocker.
So - relax. My heart rate goes up after I eat and when I get nervous. I too am constantly checking my pulse. But I am trying to not do this because they say my heart is healthy.