PDA

View Full Version : so fed up with health anxiety

lorraine
08-05-10, 07:51
hi

my health anxiety is a nightmare at the moment. I have THOUGHT i have had kidney problems, bowel cancer, lumps in my neck, cervical cancer in the last month. I have been to my doctor and has reassured me I have none of these. I am now panicing i have some neurolical disease as for the last nine years on and off have had this itch that itches deep in my ear and the itch seems to run though my arm stopping at my elbow it is an itch that is deep inside the skin so you cant scratch it lasting only for a seconds. I really cant face going to doctors again. I feel sick with worry. I feel that I am no fun anymore and a complete bore. I am worried that my friends will get tired of me. My poor mum and husband i wish i could sit and have normal conversations with people instead of sitting there telling them my aliments and asking them if they get the same symptoms. Does anybody else experience this. Have posted about this before just feel better sometimes writing down how i feel.

lorraine

Jannie2948
08-05-10, 08:07
Hi Lorraine

Yep, been there thought that! It is awful, I've been like this a long time but it came to a head late last year and I was in an awful place, so scared that I was going to die at any moment. I too thought I had every illness known to man. I started having panic attacks and had to do something about it. 6 months later I am feeling so much better. After seeing the 3rd Dr in my practice he really got me, first two said high blood pressure and put me on tablets that made me so ill. 3rd Dr put me on citalopram and as I said six months later and one increase from 20mg to 40mg and I feel really well. I also have hypnotherapy with a therapist and that helps. Are you on any meds at all for this? I've been lucky cos my eldest son came to live with me when I first started getting really ill last year and he is staying with me for a year, rented his house out, and without him I wouldn't have got to where I am now. I work full-time and really am so much better. Still have the odd moment but nothing like I was. If you're not on meds, maybe have a word with your Dr and see what they suggest.

I wish you all the best.

Jannie x x

lorraine
08-05-10, 08:17
hi

yes i have got diazapan which does help but only take it when really bad. I too have suffered with this health anxiety thing for about 15 years it started when i had a leg op and was in a wheel chair for about 3 months. I got quite low and depression set in. You would think that after all the years of having this you would ignore all the symptons but it is just so hard and draining. I have recently got myself a job at the school doing dinner lady and a bit of cleaning. I seem to have a few months that im ok then bang really bad again. Wish it would go. Thanks for your reply.

gina p
08-05-10, 22:51
I like you am totally fed up with HA . I want to live not worry about dying . I've been in tears alot today as I've got chest pain that is scaring me and i'm just so tired of it all now but I still can't snap out of it .

Nattyburt
08-05-10, 23:12
I completely understand how you feel. God. you could be me! My health anxiety is a constant battle and sometimes i just want to bury myself under my duvet and never come out. I am taking citalopram, but it only slightly takes the edge off and i still suffer everyday. I too get the itch you are referring too, it drives me insane. And I too spend way too much time asking and talking about ailments. It's actually suprising though how many people do get odd sensations but just don't worry about it. and it passes without concern. If only we could teach ourselves to do that. Anyway today i have two heart attacks and a possible brain tumour so who knows what will become of tomorrow! I try to stay positive and laugh at my self, after all what else can we do? let it beat us - i don't think so!

x

likklegemmy
12-05-10, 12:47
hi, im new to this website and thought id comment on your health anxiety i also have it really bad and have for 3 years thinking i have every disease known to man, cancers tumours, however my doctor keeps reasurring me that i have none of them and its anxiety causes all the symptoms, its mind over matter at the time of you worrying its hard to think of anything else you feel like your going insane but your not the only one out there, there are many of us out there suffering in the same way... good luck