PDA

View Full Version : My birthday, not as I would have wanted it...

newbie76
08-05-10, 08:32
I just need to vent.

It is my birthday today. And I should be happy.

My parents came all the way from Italy to spend it with me. A week ago I told them I wasn't well with my anxiety and asked them to cancel, but then I started to feel better (I am on week 3 of Escitalopram) so I told them to come.

But since they got here my anxiety came back. Being all together in my small flat, not having my normal routine, trying to meet their expectations, taking them around, pretending to be fine, etc. it's all adding up and I am feeling so nervous.

My psychiatrist told me to take 20mg Escitalopram a day but I thought it was too heavy so I have always taken only half tablet, but today for the first time I have taken a full one as I am feeling helpless.

My partner is saying that I should enjoy having my family around, that it will be a long time before they come back so I should make the most of it, but I just feel so bad :weep:

Sorry for the long post, I just needed to share my feelings.

Redrainbow
08-05-10, 09:09
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's your birthday,,,,,your not allowed to feel down today!!!!! Come on,,,,could be worse,,,you could be as old as me,,,then you would really have troubles. Let your bad feelings float away just for today,,,and enjoy your birthday,,,,,,,:bighug1::yahoo:
Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY,,,PLEASE,,,,,,,,,

gypsywomen
08-05-10, 09:12
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/glittergn/happybirthday/birthday006.gif

Jannie2948
08-05-10, 09:16
I hope you have a really good birthday, and as redrainbow said, you really could me as old as even me and I am soooooooo old!!!! I hope you enjoy your day with your partner and your parents :-)

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Marco, happy birthday to you:yahoo:

Jannie x x