PDA

View Full Version : update and question

neonpink_smurf
29-01-06, 18:20
i'm back again! having a couple of ups and downs but i reckon i'm a lot better than when i first discovered this place.. I'm even planning a cocktail party for friday, i'm a bit apprehensive but trying not to dwell on thinking about it and to not freak out about the planning!
The only thing i'm still having problems with is my thoughts, I have my weird thought that i wrote about in the generalised anxiety forum (that's my only real anxiety thing), the other thoughts i'm having are all about how lifes change, relationships change and how life evolves as we get older! Also thoughts about why we're here. I wonder did anyone else get this as they were beginning to feel better!
Thanks

poppy
30-01-06, 08:46
I think it is common to get strange new symptoms when you are recovering. I read in a book that this happens because you are putting yourself in situations which will increase the anxiety, sort of like you have to get worse before better.
Just look at the thoughts as no more than another symptom of anxiety because thats what they are really, they have no real significance.
The only reason these thoughts stick is because we let them frighten us. Just try and accept them and carry on.
Well done on the party, thats great, a real positive for you to focus on.
It sounds like you have come a really long way so dont give in now over a few silly thoughts.
Good luck with the party.
take care
Poppy

existential crisis
30-01-06, 08:53
Im also the same - my anxiety is so much lower than it was but the thoughts seem to be the most persistent thing! They are so stubborn and refuse to shift! I think everyone ponders stuff like that anyway, even if they arent suffering from anxiety, its just that if you think about that stuff when you are suffering from it, the magnitude of that kind of stuff can send you into a tizz! But yeah, the thoughts are a total bugger. I cant wait until my CBT session on challenging thoughts - I reckon I'll have cracked it then! Well done on the cocktail party! Clare. x

*I think, therefore I am.*

Meg
30-01-06, 18:51
*I wonder did anyone else get this as they were beginning to feel better!*

YES , it is usual to start questioning the universe, meaning of life etc as you recover.

I think its about space in your daily 50000 thought allocation and as you use less on yourself and how you feel, there is a void and one that we fill with being quizzical plus we are doing the why me thing too

Try to avoid being bogged down by them and they pass too.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
30-01-06, 19:08
Well done on your progress.

Hope you enjoy the cocktail party.

Karen

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

neonpink_smurf
02-02-06, 20:35
Just wanted to say thanks for all your replies and positive comments.. Its a great help :)