PDA

View Full Version : The internet is my saviour

Freak myself out
08-05-10, 21:39
I could write for days about my illness. Nearly 20 years have passed since my first episode. Along the way there has been many battles. I've never really overcome the issues. Will I ever overcome this or is it just something that I have to find ways to manage? I always seem to be teetering on the edge of fully losing it. Maybe the sane world wouldn't be so harsh on the mentally challenged if they could see just what was going on inside their minds.

Diagnosis? I still think little was known about the issues of the mind when I first lost it. What would I be diagnosed with? How severe is my illness? Is it degenerative? The truth beknown I dont really want to know technical terms. I just know I have a problem and finding ways to at least live without fear is my main priority.

I could write a book on this.

nomorepanic
08-05-10, 21:41
Hi Freak myself out

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Freak myself out
08-05-10, 22:15
Thanks Nicola, I needed to find a site like this.

Warm regards Peter.

Temenos
08-05-10, 22:34
Hi Peter, I find that I am asking the same questions as you, I wonder if this is a battle that I can win or do I have to learn to live with it??? Learning to live with it makes me think of one of my favourite films "A Beautiful Mind" and John Nash's battle with his condition, although different. I found it very poignant that at the end of the film even when he was "well" whatever that is, his dellusions were still with him but he had learned not to engage with them in anyway, to ignore them, so although they were still there he could continue to exist along side them, what strength, I hope I can one day ignore my anxieties and not feel so debilitated at times and that I too can keep on moving and maybe even enjoy life again from time to time!!! xx

Freak myself out
08-05-10, 22:45
Its a thing called hope Temenos. Hopes what we cling to. Without hope I wouldn't be here. Funny that as I remember being accused of being a no-hoper all my youth. I think most of us can recover we just need to find the best way individually. I will find a way and you will too.

marie1974
08-05-10, 23:00
hi and welcome to nmp, u will find lots of great advice and support here and make lots of new friends too, hugs xxx

Freak myself out
08-05-10, 23:03
Thanks Donna, I know this site will be invaluable to me because of people like you. Peter.

marie1974
08-05-10, 23:06
thanks Peter, these sites are so good and you never feel alone here, i have met some wonderful people on here, hugs xx