PDA

View Full Version : chest muscle pain, anyone else get it?

Nattyburt
08-05-10, 22:03
Hi all,

Does anyone else get severe chest muscular pain with anixiety? i get it all the time and it sends my health anxiety into overdrive panic - all i can think is help, heart attack. I always get it on my left side too and it travels down my arm. I've been to the doctor and he just says it's muscular pain from all the pent up tension i have, but it still makes me wonder.....and panic. Please tell me it's not only me!!!

x

nomorepanic
08-05-10, 22:19
Yes very common. A heart attack presents pain in the middle of the chest not over the heart so hope that reassures you.

gina p
08-05-10, 22:30
I've got it right now . I've had upper right chest pain and shoulder blade pain all day . I'm sitting with a hot water bottle on my chest just now to try and soothe any muscle spasms . I'm a bit freaked tho as the dull ache is still coming now and again in waves . I wonder if I'm expecting it and that is why its happening ?

shipmate
08-05-10, 22:32
yes get this all the time in my chest drives me in panic to get it more at night i do not know why

Nattyburt
08-05-10, 23:20
Ive got it right now too gina p, i too have a hot water bottle on it - not sure if it's helping but the heat takes my mind off the panic of it all! I hope yours feels better soon

Thanks for the replies guys

xx

smpomeroy
09-05-10, 01:55
yes I get it lots, it s real buggar and one of my main panic attack causes. I get it especially badly in the night and particularly if I lay on my side - it feels like the weight of my chest squeezes the muscles even more and it can be anything from a dull ache to a sharp pain sometimes, I hate it but given that I have been getting it since I was 20 and IM now 37 Im going to have to assume its benign!!

margaret jones
09-05-10, 13:09
Yes i get it all the b...dy time and is one of my main anxiety /panic causes .I try and relax muscles but not easy also i suffer from costalchondrities that is all over front chest horrid ,also mastaslgia (breast pain ) so all in all the front from neck to tummy is a constant pain in the a.. also get indegestion and heartburn ( i think that is it 4 now ) TAKE

margaret jones
09-05-10, 13:10
Care Maggie ( dog barked and scared me pressed sent to soon )

BandianaBish
09-05-10, 14:31
I had a pain about 2 hours ago, bent down to pick something up and felt it then.
I went into overload, dizzy, lump in the throat, tightness in the shoulders...you know..
Got myself into a chair, sat back and started deep breathing etc...

Slowly coming out of it now.....thankgod...

One less victory for the beast:yesyes:

miss_moose
09-05-10, 17:11
Ive got it right now too gina p, i too have a hot water bottle on it - not sure if it's helping but the heat takes my mind off the panic of it all! I hope yours feels better soon

I get chest pain alot too and it makes me panic...which of course makes it worse.
I also put a hot water bottle on it to ease the pain. I find it comforting.

sarah jayne
09-05-10, 17:45
I have this nearly everday but i do find comfort in knowing that if its sore to touch then it cant be my heart, its still awful though..
Sarah x

laura jane
10-05-10, 11:52
has any body ever had pain in jaw and then goes down to back and sort of in my chest please help im so scared im having heart attack :( x