PDA

View Full Version : so confused with it all now

lisa12
09-05-10, 00:53
hi all...had anxiety now for 13 years im having a rely bad time at the moment constant worrying thinking im gonna die or that im ill or my kids are this is all i think about.nd .feel so dizzy all the time a exhausted..went out tonight with my freinds only been ther an hour when i got a horrible feeling pass through my body like i was going to faint so i rng my partner and told him to come for me ..but i told lies to my freinds as they would of told me ignore it and carry on which wud make feel worse as i dont like people knowing when im having 1 so i told them my partner was bringing me money and i had to meet him at end ov street for it...feel so down about this but now im worried its something else and not panic as i was feeling ok and this feeling came out of no where...yes i have had it b4 but im so confused constsnt battle in my head thinking is this panic or not...feel so down with it all now i just have no life other thn worry :(

rblt94
09-05-10, 01:07
Hello lisa12,
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through what I call a "blimp" right now. I go through them all the time. I would say you are too because you will being doing fine, as you were at the party, but then you had a strange feeling and it triggered the panic attack. There is a difference between an anxiety attack and a panic attack. An anxiety attack is brought on by one thinking of irrational thoughts. They do it to themselves as in illness. Panic attacks on the other hand are biologically triggered and one cannot tell when one will occur, but there are ways to talk yourself out of one and tasks you can do to prevent one, such as general breathing techniques.
I believe from your story you have panic attacks as you didn't provoke the feeling you felt at the party. And I as well don't like people knowing I am having an anxiety attack..I make up excuses and lies to prevent them from finding out. Research more into what you are feeling and if you do not start to feel comfortable, I would look into professional help.
You are not alone..these feelings will pass and you just have to stay positive..if your so worried about your kids, just think you are doing this for them. I normally tell myself as I am experiencing an anxiety attack, "Right now I have feelings that I don't like. They will be over soon and right now I am going to focus on something else." Sure, you might think that is a bogus sentence, but hey, it works!