PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a brain spect scan done?

mapmaker
09-05-10, 02:12
Has anyone ever had a spect scan done of thier brain to see what areas of their brain are underactive and what areas are overactive like Dr. Charles Amen talks about on TV and in his books to identify the anxiety as a malfunctioning brain. *false neuron circuits misfiring to cause anxiety/depression vs detectable brain damage*.

I've heard Dr. Amen talk about it and am real curious if anyone has ever had one done for real to see how their is functioning.

KK77
10-05-10, 00:42
I don't think our NHS Service could cope with paying for these types of costly tests - it can just about provide us with the essentials lol - but I'm sure it'd be very interesting nonetheless (although I've never come across anyone that's had it).

Perhaps someone will pop along and surprise us!

Going home
10-05-10, 01:31
The closest ive ever got was when I had some probes attached to my head and had my brain activity monitored because of severe one-sided headaches. The results were that one side of my brain was a bit slower than the other...could explain alot :scared15: But the neurologist just said it was severe migraines which are vascular headaches and so are affected by blood flow.

Anna :)