PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

NewMe31708
09-05-10, 04:39
Wow, it sure has been a long time since I have been on here. At least three years I think. I used log in under the name of "Hears The Water" but I couldn't get it to work this time. A lot has happened. I cannot remember if I was on here after my husband died five years ago or not. A lot has happened since I was on here all the time. Like I said my husband died in March of 2005, and then my dad died in May of that same year. Really rocked my world. Grief is a funny thing. I found out my son had bipolar 1 the next year, I had a hysterectomy due to Endometrial Cancer in 2008, and finally my mother died just this last Oct. on the same weeked I gave up my house to move to an apartment with my kids and had to have my dogs put down.

OK, enough of the bad stuff! I mention them because they were HUGE stressors in my life. A lot of good things happened too. My daughter went to college and I went back to college too. I joined "Grace Group" to work on dealing with my abusive past and I have some of the best and supportive friends.

So, why am I here? Well, in the past when I was here it was because I had phobias and panic attacks so badly. Something happened in my life when I found out I had cancer. It really put things intgo perspective. Having surgery and having to face just about each and every one of my phobias really took away much of their power. So I had been relatively panic free for the last two years. That changed about two weeks ago. I had a vetigo attack (something I had not had for over five years, I have BPPV) and that lead to fearfull thinking again. I have also recently been under incredible stress and never did really deal with my mother's death. So it was a recipe for panic. I have been "enjoying" some rocking panic attacks, fuzzy thinking, un balanced feelings, buzzing feet, jitters and over breathing.

Part of my plan to get better includes eating better and monitoring my blood pressure, journaling, calling my friends and starting back visiting here. Just reading about my symptoms was so very helpful. I am looking forward to visiting with y'all again. Thanks so much for having this place for me to come to.
God bless you and yours
Deb

nomorepanic
09-05-10, 04:47
Hi NewMe31708

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
09-05-10, 11:13
:bighug1::welcome:back Deb. you have been through so much. Stay strong.

Veronicax

JT69
09-05-10, 14:03
Hi Deb,

Sorry to hear how much you have been through, what a tough time hun. You will know having been on here before how supportive everyone can be....I hope you find the help and support you are looking for.

Take care.
JO.xx