PDA

View Full Version : Hello New to this website

sugarkane84
09-05-10, 14:14
Hi everyone

I am Jess I am 26 years old. 6 years ago I was in a house fire and suffered from Post Traumatic Stress and OCD , the OCD is still with me but it comes and goes depending on how I feel, this is under control.

My main problem is panic attacks , I recently passed my driving test with the help of hypno but lately my panic / stress/ anxiety is back , like all those years ago. I hate going out with friends , I hate walking near lots of traffic it is stopping me living life I avoid doing things and it is really getting me down. This in turn only adds how rubbish I feel and I cant snap out of it.

I wondered if anyone has been to any workshops ?I have had CBT may I should go back?

nomorepanic
09-05-10, 14:18
Hi sugarkane84

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JT69
09-05-10, 15:10
Hi Jess,

You have found the right place!!! Welcome to NMP!! I found this site by pure accident when looking for info on meds and I have never looked back, it helped me through times of total dispair when I didnt know if I would come out of the black hole I found myself in.

Good luck on your journey.
Jo.xx

sugarkane84
09-05-10, 15:35
Thank you Nicola and Jo , I am glad you have both have found it so uselful it gives me hope , and I now know I am not alone !

thanks

Jess xx