PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia

Haruka
09-05-10, 19:48
Well, I am new here, and I am an emetophobe. Its really hard because there is always gonna be someone vomiting, and you might just be near that person at that time. Also, I am still in school, and one thing that scares me, is that someone sitting next to me will vomit, and I will start crying and having a panic attack, then I will be ridiculed for a long time.

HelenLouise
09-05-10, 21:51
Hey!
Im an emet aswell!
Its a nightmare!
I Know exactly how you feel only for me its more me feeling/being sick that bothers me!
Just remember you're not alone! We're all in this together!

maeanna
09-05-10, 22:47
Hiya,
I have emetophobia too. Have either of you tried any therapies to help you? I have just started hypnosis and am hoping its gonna work!
Haruka - i understand how you feel as i use to feel exactly the same and actually had a panic attack twice whilst on a school trip however people didnt laugh or ridicule me. they were concerned and although they could not understand my phobia i never had any problems from other people. So im sure although it is so unlikely somone will be ill next to you people will be understanding.
All the best

Haruka
10-05-10, 06:57
That is what I fear too, myself throwing up. Both bother me. And I wish I could take therapy, but my mom insists that I don't need it, which is really annoying, I have tried talking myself out of it, and tried reasoning with myself that is it is JUST throw up, but it still scares me.

AceFrehley
11-05-10, 02:37
Hey, another emetephobe here. I personally go through stages with it.

Like tonight, I've had the most amazing night ever going to see my favourite band (KISS :) ) but I'm super paranoid, as (this will sound gross) I was with a friend who has a tendancy to spit when he's talking, anyway I got showered, and now I've got a little stomach ache and I'm like :scared15: :scared15: also being surrounded by all those people, I'm freaking out a little bit :weep:

It's likely due to the mixture of food I've had today (toast, tea, coffee, beer, burger etc, sweets, cola) but I'm convinced I'm going to be ill. Also reading about people being sick with a stomach bug makes me worried that I'm going to catch it..just from reading it! how ridiculous is that :weep:

Haruka
11-05-10, 03:38
:unsure: I have been fearing the stomach virus going around too. I am worried that I will get it. I hope you feel better though, being nauseous is scary.

HelenLouise
11-05-10, 11:52
I'm currently waiting for CBT - hopefully that will work!
Right with you on the stomach bug thing :( - dreading when the winter months come round!
Although you can get these bugs without being sick!
I'm getting over food poisoning at the moment - and I wasn't sick at all *touch wood*!
xx

maeanna
11-05-10, 22:49
Just to put ur mind at rest a little - i had a stomach bug last october and wasnt sick at all! i was a nanny and the whole family had it being sick etc except me! i just felt sick and had a few stomach pains and slight upset stomach but that was it! and 24 hrs later i was absolutely fine!!! i keep havin to remind myself of this as i still panic incase i catch another one but i keep tellin myself theres no reason why i should be sick! lol oh and i take motilium 10 and pepto bismol if i feel nauseaous which works brilliantly!

Haruka
15-05-10, 05:21
Thank you so much, this makes me feel so much better.:D

Lulluh
24-06-10, 11:53
Oh my gosh maeanna that really really comforts me to hear that you weren't badly ill with all that going on around you!

zoëgirl
28-06-10, 23:22
Hi. I'm new here too and I have emetophobia. I'm also still in school, I'm 15. I totally understand what you mean about how scary it is in school. My emetophobia has gotten worse this school year. Luckily I haven't had any incidents where someone around me has been sick.

Danath
29-06-10, 00:02
I know how that feels hun, I was emetophobic at school when I was 11 or 12, there were a couple of traumatic events in my life at the time such as my grandad dying, and me being sick in a foreign country and not being able to fiind any of my family anywhere.

I did endure some teasing about it, even things like some of the other boys(t'was an all boys school) making retching noises in the middle of class, to be honest I can't really remember why it stopped, I sort of stopped being emetophobic when i was 13 or 14 but it came back again at 19.

I'm not sure how helpful my relating this to you is but you are not alone love.

Haruka
29-06-10, 00:29
It does make me feel better to know that I am not the only one who has gone through emetophobia at school. Its hard because most teachers don't understand. Like my teacher knew about it, and purposely made me go check on someone who was getting sick in the bathroom, and she also made me take that person to the nurses office as well. It was humiliating to be panicking while the whole class was watching. I don't know how teachers can do that legally, but she did :mad:

salhford
06-07-10, 19:39
I have Emetophobia. I found that sickening feeling when I do not mean I'm throwing to. Try to calm yourself. Slow, take deep breaths. All the muscles in your body to try to relax. Hopefully the nausea will pass and you feel a little better. Good luck.