PDA

View Full Version : Not able to be outside.

SuperMhario
09-05-10, 23:19
Hello! I've had anxiety and depression since early in January. For the last month or so the derealisation and depersonalisation has gotten so bad that I just can't be outside anymore. I just miss my life really and I was wondering if anybody had tips on how to get over the depersonalisation/surreal thing, I could deal with it before then. But I'm so sick of it now! Any help at all would be muchly appreciated! :hugs:

Thanks guys!

marie1974
09-05-10, 23:21
hi hun, i cant help with the depersonalisation thing but wanted to send u big hugs and someone on here will b able to help u, so keep posting and hugs xxx

SuperMhario
09-05-10, 23:23
:) Thank you, that is sweet. Anything like that is just a boost. Thank you. xxx

jothenurse
10-05-10, 02:10
I do have a lot of difficulty lately with the feelings of unreality - I keep telling myself that it is not dangerous and even though I may not feel like I am with it, I am. Sometimes these feelings can throw me into a panic. It is also very difficult to get myself to go out and do anything feeling this way.
I too would love any tips on how to deal with these.

Bill
10-05-10, 05:22
The more attention you give to them, the more they'll keep coming back causing you to panic.

My tip would be NOT to do this....

I keep telling myself that it is not dangerous

When we blink, do we tell ourselves that it's not dangerous? What would happen if we did? Would you be able decide when and how often to blink? What happens if we don't think about blinking? - Each blink passes naturally without causing us any worry.

Therefore, what should you do with these feelings? - Try to ignore them and don't give them ANY attention just as you wouldn't with a blink. They'll leave you alone then.

They only stop you leading your life because they frighten you and this fear makes you keep thinking about them which then makes them keep coming back making you feel they control your daily life.

If they try to annoy you, just ignore them Completely and carry on doing what You want to do, and they'll then ignore you and allow you to get on with your life in return.

They only survive and thrive on the attention you keep giving them.:hugs:

jothenurse
10-05-10, 12:30
Thanks.

Vixxy
10-05-10, 13:10
I read somewhere that telling yourself
"this is just a sensation, its not going to do me any harm. and it will pass on its own"
helps. Well it helped me for a while, just keep telling yourself it over and over when you get feelings you dont like.