PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ladies please, Breast cancer fear, sick with worry!

PixieL
10-05-10, 00:51
Hi guys, well tonight i was in the bath when i noticed a patch of skin about the size of a two pence piece halfway up the side of my left breast which was brightish pink with lots of tiny red vains in it, almost perfectly circular. It dosn't hurt nor is it itchy, no lump at all that i can feel and the skin feels the same as the rest of my breast. It freaked me out a bit and when i got out of the bath i couldnt help myself i googled it and they came back with inflammatory breast cancer which i now am scared so much i could have. The colour has faded down since i got out of the bath, its now a dull pink and the vian things are slightly faded, but i cant stop worrying. There isnt any history of breast cancer in my family, but the things about inflammatory breast cancer were really frightening. I keep thinking about the last few weeks and if i've felt any pain etc etc, but i dont think i have, also could i have burnt myslef on my hot water bottle cos my tummy often gets burnt a bit on it. Any advice would be great as i dont know how im going to sleep toinght.

Going home
10-05-10, 01:16
Hi Pixie, sorry you're feeling so scared right now. I'm no expert on breast cancer but everything that ive read and heard about what to look for, it almost always starts with a lump, usually the size of a pea and hard but not usually painful. Not sure how your hot water bottle could've burned your skin as high up as your breast, unless you had it under your arm? But the other thing is that something has irritated your skin, could it be your bra or something do you think?

BabyRachel
10-05-10, 01:19
Dont panic. Go to your GP, ask her to check it out. She will tell you its nothing. She will reassure you more than any of us can because shes a professional.

You will be fine! No more googling! I very much doubt it is anything if you have had no other symptoms. xxxx

PixieL
10-05-10, 01:39
Hi thanks for the replys so far, yeah i have no lump and no pain, aprt from the normal aches that come with having large breasts lol. going home, im not sure i could have burnt myself no it was just one of those crazy thoughts that go through my mind, and babyrachel lol no no more google for me, they said there isnt a lump with imflammatory breast cancer, just a skin rash among a few other symptoms but you know how it is you read these things and you think you have them, what with it also saying that that type of cancer happens withing a matter of weeks and the rate of treatment for it isnt high i got so worked up, but they also said its rare which made me crazily feel a bit better. anyway the skin rash i have has faded right down and gotten alot smaller, about a penny in size now, so maybe it was a flare up or something. I just wish i wasnt so scared all the time about illnesses i have no control over :(

Going home
10-05-10, 01:52
I understand what you're saying and its so easy to be brainwashed by Google, and as Rachel said, your own doctor is the best person to diagnose you so if you continue to be worried just pop into your surgery and ask one of the nurses to take a look, they are really good with stuff like this and won't mind having a chat if you're worried i'm sure.

Anna xxx

PixieL
10-05-10, 01:57
I think what ill do is keep an eye on it tomorrow, then if i feel really worried ill see the dr, im feeling a bit better as it has gotten smaller very quickly and faded a bit.

Going home
10-05-10, 01:59
I'm glad you're feeling better and you're not panicking so much now, I do hope you sleep ok and feel alot better tomorrow.

Take care Pixie
Anna xxx

PixieL
10-05-10, 02:22
Thanks so much Anna :) x

turnthelighton
10-05-10, 14:54
Hi, I have worried about IBC for a long time and like you looked on google and freaked out. I have been to the gp a few times with my symptoms and they have told me I am fine. If you are still worried go to your GP to put your mind at rest, I am sure you are ok :-)