PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex doseage.

penelope
10-05-10, 04:52
I started taking Cipralex about 2 weeks ago for depression. I was started on 5mg, but last time I saw my Dr he assumed I was on 10mg. I've been drinking quite a lot with it recently, which I know I shouldn't, and also started taking more Cipralex alongside this - 20mg today.
As 20mg is still a standard dose I assume this is OK, but thought I'd check?

newbie76
10-05-10, 08:17
Hi Penelope, I am also on 20mg. but keep in mind that this is the maximum dosage so it is pretty high, unlike Citalopram which can be given at even higher dosages.

I don't understand from your post if the leap from 10mg to 20mg was advised by your doctor or if you just did it yourself. You should not self-increase the dosage of this medication rather give Cipralex time to work (it normally takes between 2 to 6 weeks).

I am on week 3 now and although I started to feel better after 10 days I know feel worse again, but I am sticking with it; I hope you will do the same.

Drinking does interfere with the Cipralex by rendering it less effective so you shouldn't really.

Good luck.

Marco.

bab
10-05-10, 16:35
hi there
they normally start you off at 5mg just for a week or so and the normal therapeutic dose is 10mg. you can go up to 20 but its quite a high dose - 10mg is equiavalent of 20 mg citalopram -