PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

scanny77
10-05-10, 08:43
Hi all, am new to this website and I can't tell you how much better I felt after finding it and realising others were feeling the same as me. I have suffered from anxiety on and off for the past 5 years and have been on and off medication. I suffere from generalised anxiety but particularly death anxiety. My most recent episode began in January of this month, I am trying to stay off medication a I am trying for a family and am seeking councelling therapy. this has been a nightmare. I was referred by my GP in January and I am still waiting to see someone for other than assessment, I have been passed from pillor to post and feel like my condition has been trivialised. I received a letter on Saturday for an appointment with a Mental Health nurse practitioner, however the appointment is this Tuesday which is a bit short notice when I work full time and have to arrange time off for appointments, however at least I might start to get some help.
If anyone else has had any treatment other than anti-depressant medication i would be grateful to hear about it.
Sara x

diane07
10-05-10, 08:47
Hi scanny77

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Redrainbow
10-05-10, 14:08
Hello Sara,
Yeah i have medications, i see the menatl health nurse and also the phycyatrist/shrink (bad spelling). Out of all the various things i receive i would say talking is best, you know getting it out of your system! I come on here and i can chat with others in the same position as me! Where as when i see the shrink or mental health nurse yes the chat does me good and they give good advice but there not in the same position.
You will really get a lot of good advice out of this site and will meet some great people too, i wish you all the best on here, hope you get lots out of it,,, and welcome,,
Regards redrainbow,

hallam11
10-05-10, 14:25
Hello Sara,

I too like redrainbow have medication but I also see a counsellor at the surgery who is soon to be referring me onto the psychology or CBT departments. I like redrainbow find that talking really does help.Its hard sometimes and it can take it out of me but I think its worth it. I can't comment on the medication part as I am in the middle of switching medication. Personally I need a little more help and feel the medication helps but there are alot of people on here that choose not to take medication and I am sure you will find you have a lot in common and can speak about your journey's without the aid of anti-depressants.

Take care, Laura xxx

Veronica H
10-05-10, 14:37
:welcome:to NMP Sara. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

maxine
10-05-10, 19:58
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

to the forums Sara, you;ll find lots of help and advice here.

Maxine