PDA

View Full Version : ladies who have had breast problems/ ultrasound etc, plz plz help

Mogwog
10-05-10, 10:53
I need some more reaasurance. I can't talk to my husband as he will get cross with me

I had a scan about a week and a half ago on my left breast due to pain and a lump. The consultant who scanned me said he couldnt see anything abnormal and that it all looked like normal breast tissue. I was so relieved and fine for a couple of days but then I started proddin it again and worrying he had missed or got it wrong. I am sick with worry. I have so much to deal with right now (death in the family, liitle boy with special needs not well etc)

Has anyone ever had a lump which turned out to be normal breast tissue? Is it still there?

I just wnat to feel normal again, my son is goin into hospital next week for 3 days for some tests and I need to be ok for him I cant have this niggling at me.

Thanks in advance for replies

L.x

zippy
10-05-10, 11:01
I cant help you but i am having similar issues. I am going to the breast clinic on wednesday as the doctor thought she could feel a movable lump.I cant feel it though.My anxiety is through the roof i have been prescribed diazepam.
I am already starting to worry its my stomach as i am having back,shoulder and side pain,diarhea,pain under my left rib,loss of appetite.
I know even if there is nothing wrong on wednesday i will starting thinking i have stomach cancer because of all the other symptoms.
It never ends.

margaret jones
10-05-10, 11:35
Hi Mogwog sorry you are so worried at the moment ,you have lots going on at the moment so your stress levels are understandable high .

I personaly have not had the breast prob ,my sister in law had a very similar thing and hers was from milk ducts from when she fed her children ,maybe that is your prob .

Please try not to worry to much i am sure everything is fine like the DR says

Take Care Maggie

Hazel1
10-05-10, 12:13
I had exactly the same thing about a year ago. Had a lump, not painful though, had ultrasound which showed nothing and was told normal breast tissue. Its still there but I dont worry about it at all any more.

You shouldnt worry they would have investigated futher if in any doubt whatsoever x:hugs:

Jo3016
10-05-10, 13:15
Hi

I had exactly the same thing early this year. I had an ultrasound scan at the Royal Marsden and was told that there was nothing but normal breast tissue. I can still feel the lump - it hasn't changed but I don't worry about it anymore.

The doctors tend to err on the side of caution with these things. If there was any doubt, they would have done frther tests there and then.

I know it is hard to believe the doctors sometimes but you must take comfort in their diagnosis.

Wishing you all the best for your son's tests next week. Take care

Mogwog
11-05-10, 11:31
Thanks for your replies

I think I am also getting myself worked up because I am so lumpy in that area that I can't tell whats new or old. Everything I read says you need to get to know your breasts and see whats normal for you but it is so lumpy I just can't tell :weep: and my right one isnt as lumpy as the left one so can't really compare.

L.x

zippy
11-05-10, 11:42
I am the opposite i am going to the breast clinic tomorrow and i cant even feel a lump that the doc could feel,both sides feel equally as lumpy to me.

saralou
11-05-10, 16:21
hi
i've had 3 ultrasounds now over the past 5 years on same area of breast as i always think it's a diff lump. but it's the same one. it's just NORMAl breast tissue. I saw a breast consultant once and he siad boobs are like old boots all rubbery and lumpy. So stop worrying what you felt is just fatty tissue. they know what they are looking for on a scan so rest assured u are fine. hope u feel better soon. and stop prodding it as sit'll make the area sore!! i know from experiance
saralou