PDA

View Full Version : How long do you need to take it to have withdrawal effects?

mumble
10-05-10, 11:48
I have only taken this on and off for a few days here and there. A few months back I took a half dose for about 3 days, then the same this week as I was too anxious to eat and really needed the help.

I'm assuming 3 or 4 days every few months isn't going to produce any unwanted effects afterwards? I just wondered for future information on the average duration it takes to start experiencing them and how long you need to be taking them for to feel withdrawal effects?

jo61
10-05-10, 13:40
Occasional doses of diazepam are fine - you shouldn't experience any addiction. GPs are pretty slow to give it out at levels which might cause problems with withdrawal. I was on 30mg per day at one stage and as I recovered, slow withdrawal allowed me get off them with no problems :)

newbie76
14-05-10, 08:27
My psychiatrist was very precise about DIazepam: he says that for an addiction to develop you need to take them every day for 3 weeks or more. Any less and you will be fine.

That's what he said anyway.

Panic Man
04-07-10, 14:45
Hi jo61, I am in cold turkey 9th week of valium (taking for 5 months 5mg up to 4 times a day.) I am suffering hell in withdrawal, how was your withdrawal and how long did it take?