PDA

View Full Version : Unsteady, Wobbly legs

Dotcom
10-05-10, 13:02
Hi,
I am a member of this forum but I have been ok for a while now (touch wood), but at the moment I am feeling very anxious about by husband, he is feeling very wobbly on his legs and feel unbalanced when he walks, he says like he is drunk.
He has pain in his hips and knees but he has had this for years, he was told years ago that he would get arthritis because he had an accident and has a pin in his leg.

He has slight dizzy turns occassionally.

He is under quite a lot of stress and has a lot of work related problems on his mind at the moment.

I just wondered if any one has any experience or comments on this,
I am of course thinking the worst!

He has doctors on friday

Many Thanks for reading,
Dot

Mogwog
10-05-10, 13:08
If he has been having a bit of a stressful time at the moment it could be that. Its probably something really simple but us with health anxeity will always panic. My friend was really dizzy once and couldn't walk in a straight line other than that she felt fine but when she went to the docs he had a look in her ears and told her she had a really bad ear infection so it really can be something so simple.

xxxxx

guitarpants
10-05-10, 18:57
I had this for months straight. I have no explanation for it since I've been to all kinds of doctors. Stress and anxiety seems to have done it.

jaded jean
10-05-10, 19:48
Wwhen you have a lot on your mind it tries do deal with what it thinks is the most important. I had this happen to me 10 years ago when I had a meltdown, I used think Iwas walking ok but veered off into walls , bumped into people. I used to call it my crab walk as it felt like I was walking sideways. Once things calm down for hubby It should stop. If its a balance thing it could be labyrinthitis which is similar in symptoms like feeling drunk -unsteadyness. I had stemetil for that. hope this helps
Jean:hugs:

Dotcom
11-05-10, 17:48
Many thanks for the replies, I really do appreciate it

Dot x