PDA

View Full Version : Lump on testicle, calcium deposit

luke1982
10-05-10, 13:25
Hi everyone,

Here's my concern;

Last October I went to the doctor regarding a lump on my testicle that I had for quite some time, however it felt as though it had grown a few mm in the 4 years or so that I had it.
He ordered a ultrasound and managed to find a slot for me that same day so thankfully not a long wait.
As soon as he started the ultrasound he said he can confirm that there is nothing malignant there , certainly nothing to suggest cancer.
However he did say I had a varicose vein down there, a hydrocele and the lump I was feeling on my right testicle was a calcium deposit/pearl and was nothing to worry about as these are all fairly common.

My worry now seven months later that the calcium deposit has grown, I mean it probably hasn't but im constantly prodding around and checking, I find it hard to stop and I worry myself sick.

The doctor was fairly reassuring but didnt give much info on calcium deposits, how they form, if they grow or anything.

Does anyone else have experience of calcium deposits/pearl as he called it?

I had another appointment with the docs for some meds a couple of months ago and thought Id ask him his opinion on the ultrasound and he simply said nothing to worry about no reason to have a follow up ultrasound so i guess that should of put my mind at ease but it didnt. I feel like im going round in circles making myself ill with worry.

Please if anyone has any information on calcium deposits and so on id love to know any help would be much appreciated :) thanks

Going home
10-05-10, 13:34
Hi, well I only know about calcium deposits forming as kidney stones, which are common and can be painful but are easily treated, and sometimes the body passes them without us even knowing if they're not big. And calcium deposits can get bigger as more calcium forms. You don't sound as if you're in pain so I guess the docs would have suggested treatment if they thought it necessary.

But if you're worried about this and don't want to go back to the doctor, ask a pharmacist...they're really good and know about loads of things like this. The pharmacists in Boots are brilliant so don't be scared to ask, or even one of the nurses at your docs sugery.

Anna :)

luke1982
10-05-10, 14:39
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yeah I mean the calcium deposit/pearl doesn't cause me any pain or discomfort unless I prod and poke at it allot.
I sometimes just worry the ultrasound didn't pick up cancer, which I suppose is silly it's just seven months have past now what if I have it now, would there have been a sign back then when I had my ultrasound that I had it coming or whatever?

It feels like a viscous circle of worry :(