PDA

View Full Version : Dilated pupils??

MrsJaredLeto
10-05-10, 15:06
Has anyone who has taken or is taking citalopram found their pupils are more dilated than usual? It's freaking me out, I keep thinking seratonin syndrome!!!

mary3
10-05-10, 19:49
i took citalopram about 5 years ago and at the time kept getting one pupil dialating bigger than the other, it really freaked me out at the time. I got my eyes checked at opticians and he noticed it and said it could be a side effect but wasnt sure as knew little about anti depressants! I asked the GP and they were unsure, and lo and behold when i stopped taking citalopram i never got that problem again! Both the optician and the GP said it was nothing to worry about x

MrsJaredLeto
10-05-10, 20:12
Ok thanks, that's reassured me a bit x

Trying
10-05-10, 20:23
I have just started taking citalopram and my eyes get randomly very dilated, its definately a side effect of this drug I think. I'm only taking 10 mg right now, so I don't think its related to citalopram

x

MrsJaredLeto
10-05-10, 20:48
Yeah I'm only on day 5 of citalopram, I've only noticed it cos my pupils are normally very small! Oh well I suppose it's one of the better side effects!

Trying
10-05-10, 22:01
just realised what I said made no sense. What I meant was I'm sure it's not related to serotonin syndrome x

MrsJaredLeto
10-05-10, 22:35
I understood what you meant lol x