PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Antonio2301
10-05-10, 16:03
Hi everyone just to introduce myself.. im 37 and been a sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks since the age of 21.. at the age of 30 this developed into agoraphobia which left me house bound for just over 3 years .. I then managed to overcome this for the last 4 years .. however 4 days ago I had a bad attack outdoors and since then I've hardly ventured from the house. this morning I decided to try and post a letter ,the post box is about a 5 minute walk. I felt my heart racing and felt another bad attack coming on .. its hard to believe that this time last week I was sat on a train travelling over 100 miles without a problem.. anyway thats just a bit about me.. Thanks Tony

diane07
10-05-10, 16:04
Hi Antonio2301

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gypsywomen
10-05-10, 16:19
hi tony you are on the best site to get support

Veronica H
10-05-10, 16:56
:welcome:to NMP Tony. You have beaten this before and can do so again. Your nerves have become sensitised and this will pass. Do not be too impressed by the agorophobia even though many of us know how powerful this seems. Go out even with the panic, if only for a few minutes each day and kick Agorophobia's butt.:bighug1:

Veronicax

staypositive
10-05-10, 17:21
Hey Tony, welcome to NMP and I hope you enjoy it here

Danny :)

Bexmumto3
10-05-10, 18:49
Hi & welcome to NMP x

Antonio2301
10-05-10, 19:14
Many thanks all for the welcome and support .. i shall set a few tasks for tomorrow.. :yesyes:

maxine
10-05-10, 19:57
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/2.gif to the forum Antonio.

Have a nosey around the forums and keep your chin up.

Maxine

hannybun
17-05-10, 17:59
Hi Tony

Welcome to NMP, you know i'm going through something similar, mssg me whenever x

curlybird
17-05-10, 21:21
Hi Tony,

I think we had a brief conversation in the chat room yesterday. Sorry to hear about your panic attacks...sounds awful.

Here's hoping you get all the help you need here.

Hugs :hugs:
Curly x