PDA

View Full Version : Pain/pressure behind my ears and in my head

qualia
10-05-10, 23:16
I have this continual painful pressure at the top of my spine, and all over my head. Keeps me awake every night until 4/5am... I hate night times. I worry I might have some kind of progressive brain damage. Been through all of the paranoid researching about spontaneously developing Parkinson's etc. So tired, but can't sleep... At least my heart has stopped pounding now. I can't wait to see my GP and get some help at last. :weep:

anthrokid
11-05-10, 02:00
Hey,

I get heaps of pressure in my head and at the top of my spine/start of neck. It feels absolutely horrible and it's sometimes painful. Mostly it's just scary which makes me tense and the tensing causes the actual pain a lot of the time. You might find that you are having migraines or that you've just twisted your back in a funny way and pulled a muscle or moved your spine a bit and that's whats causing it. I'm sure your doctor will have the answers for you :) You could always tray massage or a chiropractor. I see a chiropractor every couple of weeks because I'm always so tense that I hurt my muscles and my back. He just makes sure my spines in the right place and my muscles aren't too bad.

qualia
11-05-10, 02:03
Thanks so much for the reply. :) I do notice it gets worse if I become more anxious about it. Often when I wake up in the morning it's gone for a while (and then comes back because I'm looking for it!)... I'm hoping it's just another symptom of anxiety. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who has this!!

anthrokid
11-05-10, 02:17
Definitely sounds like anxiety to me. As soon as I realise mine isn't there I think about it and it comes back :) There's quite a few of us on here with the same thing. I've had it for months now, has started getting better with treatment for panic disorder and anxiety so I think it's definitely related :)