PDA

View Full Version : Almost asleep, then panic sets in

sweetmummy
11-05-10, 00:24
I was just nodding off about an hour ago, when suddenly I started panicing, its been a whole week since my last one, so was upset when this hit. :weep:

I had a major arguement with my husband. My daughter asked me if she could stay over at her friends house (he's a boy) tonight. I said no becos it would only be her & him (both are only 11, I trust my daughter, just now sure i can trust the boy as I dont really know him & have never met the parents), but she came back later & asked if she could stay next weekend when there will be a total of 15 of them at a sleep over at his house, a mix of boys & girls at his house. I was kindda swayed into letting her stay, but my husband went crazy. Saying no chance. Thats when he had a crazy arguement that ended in us not talking since. (that happened at 5pm, its not 00.15am). I can see his point of view & agree that now adays its madness with child pregnancies, etc. But I also want to give my daughter some freedom, especially since there will be a crowd.

As I went to go to sleep, I got myself worked up & its taken me almost an hour to calm myself down. My attacks seem to be increasing, normally its the thought of death that triggers them, but now they are just coming on no matter what is on my mind. Really starting to worry im not going to get these back undercontrol. :unsure: Im on propranolol, 30mg 3x a day. Im tempted to ask my doctor for something else, but really worried incase any of them make me kindda spaced out, etc. Ive also got a 3 year old to look after so dont wont to risk being "away with the fairies" whilst looking after him..............do you think sleeping tablets may help? Any advice anyone can give would be so welcome. Sorry for the long story, dont have anyone to talk to since my husband & I arent really speaking & he's asleep.

Going home
11-05-10, 01:10
I think you are just very stressed. I'm on propranolol too and find that the one a day slow release (80mgs) are loads better than taking them 2 or 3 times a day which I did to start with a few years ago. Ive never had to increase the dose and its a steady release throughout the day and into the night. It might be worth asking the doctor to consider it. Propranolol can go under a few different names and mine are also known as Half-Inderal.

What you say about your daughter and her friend...to be honest, whether the friend is a boy or a girl, not many people would allow two 11 year olds to be alone overnight...where were the boy's parents? The sleepover with 15 of them? supervised would be fine but again, are they going to be alone? I'm not judging anyone but don't personally know of any parents who would leave 11 year old children alone overnight sorry.

Anna xxx

qualia
11-05-10, 01:12
I don't know about sleeping tablets, but remember that the panic goes away eventually... Deep, slow breaths... You won't feel like this forever. :) I can't sleep either. Too anxious!

flowerpot
18-05-10, 09:12
I find having a routine helps..

When children are very young they tend to have a routine before bed, they have a bath a story etc, this often helps them get a good nights sleep.

As adults we don't give ourselves the same time, we rush about all day and try to fit a 40 hr day into a 24 hr day.

Maybe try to give your self an hour before bedtime to unwind properly, take a bath or shower, have a warm drink that's not stimulating, don't watch telly an hour before bed, i find that telvevision can make me quite anxious sometimes.

Read a book or do something that you enjoy which will distract you and relax you at the same time.

I hope this helps

xxkim :hugs: