PDA

View Full Version : Feels a bit like vertigo....

DEREKG
11-05-10, 12:42
Hi everyone, I'm new to this but I'll try and explain the best I can... Had a huge panic attack about 5 weeks ago and since it happened my world feels turned upside down (in more ways than one, lol!). Every time I try and go outside it feels like vertigo. I find it difficult to look at or even think about the sky (crazy, I know! It's not like I'm gonna fall into the sky!). My legs feel weak, things seem hyper-real and I find it hard to concentrate on anything apart from the fear. I've had general/social anxiety for a long time and I thought that was hard to cope with but this is so much worse than when I used to just shake, sweat and feel overly self-concious. Got my first trip to the CPN in the morning so I'll see how that goes but I was just wondering if this is the way panic attacks and anxiety affects anyone else? Thanks.

lisa12
11-05-10, 13:01
Hi yes my anxiety and panic attacks always starts with dizziness it so awful even had brain scan coz i was cetain no way anxiety could cause this..but everything came back normal also had test for vertigo which 2 was normal and they said it was all down to anxiety..like you every time i go out im dizzy or feel like im walking on a bouncy castle this then sets other symtons of 2 as it freaks me out,,This might sound stupid and prob is but if i put sunglasses on i dont feel half as bad (this prob in my head 2 lol ) anyway i have had this now for many years and although it feels awful nothing bad as ever happened to me not even fell over lol ...hope u feal better soon x

DEREKG
11-05-10, 13:06
Thanks lisa12. I know it is just anxiety but it feels weird the way eveything changed overnight after the first panic attack. Funnily enough, I had to go to the doctor today and I did wear my sunglasses and it did help! :shades: lol x

Pudding
11-05-10, 16:23
Hi Derek

I get this all the time too and I put glasses on and it helps me too. I put it down to a similar effect as putting blinkers on a horse to stop it panicking, it sort of cuts down the peripheral view so that you don't get too many confusing messages for the brain to deal with. Maybe that's too fanciful and complicated but you never know..........

Fran
x

Bexmumto3
11-05-10, 17:32
I suffer with this all the time & I am really having a tough time of it at the moment, I can't offer any words of advise but just to re-assure you that as horrible as it feels you will be ok, I love the way I can say it to other people but I can't listen to myself !!