PDA

View Full Version : google.

zippy
11-05-10, 14:08
I really need to stop googling because i have just been putting my symptoms in and frightened myself i have pancreatic cancer now.I need to get rid of my laptop or stay off it as i think thats why i have an health anxiety problem as its to easy to google symptoms.

PixieL
11-05-10, 14:20
Zippy im exactly the same, always google whatever i think is wrong with me i just can't help myself. there is a big sub forum here on google, so many people fall into the trap. All you can do is remember its almost never as bad as you think it is and the symptoms you have could be anything. Try to avoid the temptation to google as best you can, take care. x

zippy
11-05-10, 14:23
because i have nausea,diarrhea,back pain and shoulder pain i am now panicing i have pancreatic cancer. It wouldnt have crossed my mind that cancer if i hadnt googled aarrgggghhh.

bellalew
11-05-10, 14:42
:ohmy:hi ther,NEVER NEVER google symptoms guys, its the worse thing you can do,as youv already experienced!.i can garantee it will be a milloin miles away from what your sufffering from,so this should put your minds at rest.every one will agree on here,dont do it,so many do and end up with sleeples nights,high anxiety+panic.stay away from bad doctor google,ha.hope your ok now.xx

Vixxy
11-05-10, 14:43
Just so you know these websites that people use to google their symptoms will always come up with the worst case scenario just in case you do have that problem. Probably in case you try to sue them when they tell you youve only got indegestion, when it is actually a heart attack.
You'll also notice that youll look at and agree with only the symptoms you have and not the rest of them that you arent experiencing.
You will be ok! Youve probably just eaten something that your body doesnt like or youve got IBS because of the anxiety.
have you been sitting hunched over because of your stomach ache? maybe thats why youre upper back is hurting?

miss_moose
11-05-10, 19:20
because i have nausea,diarrhea,back pain and shoulder pain i am now panicing i have pancreatic cancer. It wouldnt have crossed my mind that cancer if i hadnt googled aarrgggghhh.

I get those symptoms alot too, your not alone:)
I find a hot water bottle on the pain helps to ease it. I think alot of the time it's trapped wind, even if i've just "been". sometimes it lasts for days and is really horrible and uncomfy but it always sorts itself out.

margaret jones
11-05-10, 19:25
Hi Dr Google is not to be looked at please try and stay away from it , your symptons will always match some awful illness .

Take Care Maggie

barbn
11-05-10, 19:40
Dr. Google is BAD!! Stay away - I too have those symptoms a lot of the time - and mine is attributed to anxiety. Sometimes I have anxiety and don't even realize it!! ;-( I did the exact same thing you did and convinced myself I had stomach, pancreatic and ovarian cancer....

JulesD
11-05-10, 21:04
If it werent for google i dont think i would of gotten myself into half the states i have got myself into in the last two years. i have had all your symptons and also diagnosed myself with ovarian cancer. it sounds very much IBs and anxiety, i can tell you that confidently so why wont i listen to my advice..:doh:

zippy
11-05-10, 21:21
I know i shouldnt google but its like i cant help it and then i get in a frenzy and make my anxiety worse and then because i feel so ill i think i have got these illnesses. I had the camera down in my stomach before christmas and had ultrasounds of my organs last year and bloods done in feb but i always think something has just started since.Its just crazy.