PDA

View Full Version : This is what they found in my brain, very worried

Peter_Scott
12-05-10, 15:17
Hi,
This is what they found in my brain stem, and I am very worried as I have had these dreadful headaches for months every day, I know there is nothing they can do, no doctors to help not on the NHS anyhow.

They say not to worry as it has not grown but I can't help it, the doctor has given up on me, just wants to give me pain meds, what should I do, I may not be as young as some of you but I don't want my life to end yet.

Doctors here are rubbish, they really are, it is not so bad down south but here everything is 30 years behind the times and there is only one doctor for miles and miles so I can not even see another one, sorry to rant but I have no one to talk to.

Peter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/jintieuk/brainMRI.jpg

Veronica H
12-05-10, 15:42
Hi Peter:hugs:

Sorry you are still worrying. I took this from your previous post....

Well today I saw my Dr and it wasn't as straight forward, the report read, normal scan, the abnormality found last a year ago is completely unchanged and is unlikely to be of any clinical significance.

I know this is hard but if there was any cause for concern then the consultant would have acted on it. Health anxiety is very difficult sometimes but at the end of the day you have to trust your test results especially since this was also investigated the year before. Try to accept this for now. Try the migraine meds and try not to be too impressed by the intrusive thought regarding the scan, as these thoughts come from anxiety.
:bighug1:Veronicax

bluetopazgirl
12-05-10, 16:01
Hi Peter.

Sorry your still worrying which is a normal thing so do not feel bad about it.. I know how you feel. ive seen many Gps for different things, they tell me im ok but i don't believe them and i believe this is because of Health Anxiety.

I would agree with the advice Veronica has given... sending you big hugs and hope you feel more positive soon

gypsywomen
12-05-10, 16:09
it must be a worry for you ,, but if they thought this was life threterning they would operate.they would have to ,, docters cant leave things that are ,try to stay strong

crazyhayz
12-05-10, 17:34
If it was serious or remotely concerning atall, THEY WOULD HAVE TO TELL YOU, they cant just fob u off and leave u!! The fact that they havent even asked u to come back for check-ups proves its nothing to worry about. As i said in my previous post to you, u need to go back to the doctor and say 'Look, what would you do if u had this? You'd be worried as hell. I know the results are normal and its unchanged, but i need to be CHECKED monthly, quartely, yearly, whatever..for my OWN PEACE OF MIND that this thing isnt getting bigger or is doing me harm. That way u will find peace if they agree to do this!! U need to do thart Peter, u cant go through ur life worrying...u will drive yourself crazy. Take my advice and BOOK A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TOMORROW. Take care and i completely understand how u must be feeling, best wishes :)

countrygirl
12-05-10, 21:52
In a previous post I told you that I too have abnormal things in my brain that are clinically insignificant - I have lesions in my brain that are not MS and after 10 years of them showing up on mri scans they have not altered one little bit so are of no significance just an abnormality of my brain. Abnormalilty does not mean fatal!!

I know its the health anxiety but you seem determined to disbelieve what all the Drs are telling you - they cannot ignore you or not tell you if something is wrong in fact they go too far the other way nowadays and tend to frighten people.

What do you want to do about this??? This is the big question - what you have has not altered for over a year and is as they say clinically of no interest to them so what is it you want them to do?????

If you want regular scans to check it hasn't altered then ask for them and explain your fears- they are not mind readers and cannot know unless you tell them how much you are worrying.

I don't mean to be harsh here as we all have health anxiety and so understand your fears but I cannot think of a way to get through to you about this without sounding a bit harsh.

Take care and kind regards

PoppyC
12-05-10, 22:01
Hi Peter
Have you considered asking for a second opinion? even if it is just to put your mind at rest. If you are not happy with how you have been dealt with, then personally speaking, I would ask for a second opinion and get all concerns answered.
All the best. :hugs:

crazyhayz
12-05-10, 22:42
Also, I have an 'Abnormality' on my brain found on a ct scan. My results were normal, but I happen to have Lateral Ventricular Asymmetry, one side of brain fluid is a bigger pocket than the other. Thats it!! But they said i must of just been born like that as they couldnt see anything that would of caused that. Of course ive worried but ive accepted its nothing and not going to do me any harm. Go to ur doctor, and ask to be booked in for check-ups.

lior
12-05-10, 23:31
I know this is an immature response but... I've never seen a brain scan before, it's so cool!! Did you know that men's brains are bigger than women's? But that has no bearing on intelligence :)

Ok, now that's out of my system, most of the other advice on here is pretty good. You are entitled to a second opinion, if you can travel those miles. But rest assured, if they turned you away with even a possibility of something going wrong, they'd be in serious trouble. So don't you worry. You'll get regular check ups and you'll know in good time if you're in any danger. At least you know the cause of your headaches now. You'd have much more to worry about if they tried to operate on you - best to take the pain killers.

Good luck!