PDA

View Full Version : Feel sensitive to emotions

TheWolf
12-05-10, 21:48
I haven't had a panic attack for the past few days, but it still feels like my nervous system is very sensitive at the moment.

So even when I was talking to my sister about an interesting subject, I could almost feel like some adrenaline tingling inside me.

Anyone know any specific techniques good for de-sensitising yourself?

alicegreen
12-05-10, 22:14
From what I have read it is allowing time to pass that helps the most!

My daily goals right now might not sound a big deal but they are to me. I make myself get up as soon as I wake, walk the dogs for at least an hour and meditate twice a day for 20-30 minutes.

I also have children to look after before and after school so whilst I may just be clinging on by my finger nails, I am still her and managing - in a fashion!

Vixxy
13-05-10, 12:40
relaxation really helps this. Take some time to lie or sit down in a quiet room and try to relax, or buy a relaxation CD and listen to that. It really gets rid of the fizzy feeling you get from excess adrenaline.

TheWolf
13-05-10, 20:05
Hm just wondering what you all think.

After a panic attack, do you find your nervous system more sensitive for another panic attack? (I don't know the answer to this as I haven't had 2 consecutive panick attacks within a short space of time, but just out of interest :) )

alicegreen
13-05-10, 22:08
definitely for me yes. It always puts me on my guard just waiting for the next one. The more time that passes, the less it worries me as I feel more in control.