PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tinkrebel
12-05-10, 21:58
Hi I'm Amanda, I've been reading the threads on here for a few weeks and have found it really useful, and great to find somewhere where people understand what its like to have an invisible illness.

I was diagnosed with health anxiety about 8 weeks ago, and prescribed 50mg sertraline daily, however after taking them for about 8 days I had a major panic attack and was then prescribed diazepam as well. The doctor increased my sertraline to 50mg twice a day and diazepam as and when needed. I've been referred for mental health counselling and had an assessment on Monday and have been taken on for CBT.

It's really reassuring to read other peoples experiences and even make me realise that the tingling in the tip of my nose is a normal anxiety symptom (I really thought I was mad when that started happening! :blush:)

Anyways I just thought I'd register and say hi :)

nomorepanic
12-05-10, 22:00
Hi Tinkrebel

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

JT69
13-05-10, 12:38
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to NMP, I found this site by accident searching for info on meds and have never looked back. There are so many people that know exactly how you are feeling and offer friendly advice on how to move forward, for me I dont know what I would of done without it.

Good luck and hope your journey goes well.
JO.xx