PDA

View Full Version : Heart pains help

Ruby94
12-05-10, 22:03
please!

i keep getting sharp intense 'pulling' pains where my heart would be located, i can feel it when it beats, every now and then it hurts and it comes every 2 minutes or so, it always feels as if its getting worse, ive had this before, could i have heart diesease or a weak heart?

im really scared

help me please quick im scared.

Ella_Jayne
12-05-10, 22:50
It may not be your actual heart, it could be muscle in your chest. I've had a similar feeling before. Have you had your heart checked? ECG etc...?

Catalyst
12-05-10, 23:11
I've heard heart pain is normally felt centrally as opposed to over your heart. :shrug:

I get pain over where my heart is. Got it quite bad right now actually! In my case, it is allegedly costochondritis. Inflammation of the cartilage where the ribs join the breastbone. I think I'm feeling referred pain in the chest muscle too though. It's a scary symptom understandably.

Good idea to get an ECG if poss to put your mind at rest?

nomorepanic
13-05-10, 00:03
Heart pain is in the middle of the chest not over the heart.

That will be muscle pain and you need to stretch your arms behind your head to ease it.

anthrokid
13-05-10, 04:07
Heya Ruby,

Like everyone else has mentioned, it's most likely to be chest muscles or inflamed tissue. Sharp pains are nothing dangerous generally, just horribly uncomfortable and scary. I get these too and I freak out a lot sometimes, but usually it is only muscle tension.