PDA

View Full Version : Doctors and heart fears plz reply

ashero38
12-05-10, 23:13
Well i went to the Gp's today because im woried again about when they told me i had slight furring of the arteries well today she told me that when i had a ct angiogram my calcium score was 25 which worried me she said as long as i eat healthy and get exercise and lose weight and get my LDL down and my HDL is should be fine (easy for her to say) and that i had a 5% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years to which i said i was worried to do any exercise in case i had a heart attack she told me i wouldnt and to be more positive but all i can see is the negative but i so want to get fit and healthy and live to an old old old man any advice plz

nomorepanic
12-05-10, 23:48
I had a heart attack in sept 08 and you really do need to eat healthily and exercise and lose weight and cut down on alcohol and stop smoking

Not much to do is it lol. It is very daunting but they are right you do need to exercise more

anthrokid
13-05-10, 04:05
The exercise will actually decrease your risk of having a heart attack :) you're more likely to have a heart attack if you sit on the couch for the next 20 years compared to if you go for a small jog or brisk walk every day for the next 20 years. It seems like the exercise will put pressure on your heart and cause a heart attack, but it actually strengthens your heart muscles and makes your heart much stronger :)

crazyhayz
13-05-10, 10:06
i lost 2.5 stone with no exercise on the Slimming World diet! in 5months!! good thing about the diet is if your hungry on it then ur not doin it right, u can eat totally normal food andstill have a takeaway oncea week! join up n give it a try. it rly is amazing. fact is, if this means ur health/life, u need to do sumin about it, anything! good luck to you.